• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Almost not 'hacker' material...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shot 9 today at a local track.

I was the only person out there, played by myself, and took me(gasp) 2.5 hours to play 9 holes. Granted, i played 3 balls on most holes...:emot-angel:

I know it's not legitimate because i was hitting more than one ball every hole but i did really well today.

1. Sliced one behind a utility shed, punched out to 100yd, dropped a 56º to about 15 feet and drained it for par
2. Middle of the green 9i from 156, two putted for par
3. Frozen rope off the tee to the 200yd marker(270yds), 5i up the hill into the wind about 20yds off the front of the green, pitched it to about 8 feet and two putted for par
4. Blocked the drive BAD, hit a 56º over some tree's back into the fairway about 175 out, down hill down wind easy 8i but lost it a bit right and in a bunker, over the other side, chipped on and two putted for double...ouch.
5. 5i to the 150 marker in the middle of the dog leg, blocked my 8i into the wind, made a really nice flop shot to a short sided pin, over a bunker, to about 2 feet and kicked it in for par.
6. 9i up hill but down wind to 147. Ended up about 20 feet behind the pin and three putted for bogey...derp
7. REALLY short par 4 like 260yds short but you DO NOT want to be long. Hit a 5i down wind to about 30 yards off the green, pitched up to about 15 feet, two putted par.
8. Needs a draw off the tee, and I got it! Left me about 30 yds to the pin, gave it way too much and ended up on the back fringe, down hill all the way. Made a really nice chip to about 5 feet and two putted for bogey.
9. The only longish par 4 on the course, 430yds. Another fantastic drive, slight draw to about 160, Down wind and slightly down hill, hit a nice PW to about 20 feet right of the pin and two putted for par.

So...4 over for my first 9 of the year. I can handle that.

Besides the blocks and 2 bone head putts blown by the hole, i'm pretty happy with that. Ball striking on average was absolutely my best on the course yet.

Are you playing the MacGregors, Eric?

GF and I took the Porsche out for it's 1st ride in the country today; only 15 miles each way. Took the top off and enjoyed the ride. We stopped at the place in the country where I grew up and put some headstones in my pet cemetery. On the way out I hit a small stump and broke the clutch. Had to get towed back into town. Then we had to pick ticks off each other. :)

Are you playing the MacGregors, Eric?

GF and I took the Porsche out for it's 1st ride in the country today; only 15 miles each way. Took the top off and enjoyed the ride. We stopped at the place in the country where I grew up and put some headstones in my pet cemetery. On the way out I hit a small stump and broke the clutch. Had to get towed back into town. Then we had to pick ticks off each other. :)

Yeah, i'm playing them. Lasers for me if I don't block them!

lmao, how the hell did you break the clutch hitting a stump?

Frick if I know. I was only going about 2 miles an hour. The stump was part of a fireant nest. Now the clutch pedal won't come all the way up and the clutch won't engage. I'm hoping it's something cheap like a spring or a clevis pin. This thing uses a cable to operate the clutch. I guess I'll be out buying jackstands tomorrow.

... GF and I took the Porsche out for it's 1st ride in the country today; only 15 miles each way. Took the top off and enjoyed the ride ...

Yours or hers?? :computer3:

Went back today and shot a 45 playing only 1 ball.

More blocks and missed putts. Short game has been pretty solid though. Guess i know what to work on.

Yours or hers?? :computer3:

Her top comes off easier than the Targa top does. The ride ain't bad, either.

Back to the 911: spent the afternoon trying to figure out WTF is broke. It's not the pedal or the cable, so it's either the release mechanism or the clutch. With my luck it's the clutch. Ugh. No easy task to replace the clutch in this car.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520