• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any Softball players?

Re: Any Slow Pitch players?

Was researching after reading your thread and was surprised to find so many bat companies. One I found, Bamboobats has a 100 day warranty...which I thought was pretty cool on their part. The technology of these bats is pretty amazing these days, maple and bamboo laminated together, ash and oak. Nobody wants simple these days...high tech is it for everything I guess.

Yeah, seems lots of companies are getting on the Bamboo wagon. Mizuno has a bamboo bat out as well that i found at dicks.

Pretty much the only store i could find a decent selection of bats at was justbats and even then there wasn't much of a selection for wood softball bats...

of course, you can contact the manufacturers themselves and have them custom make one for you in your own colors, but thats 5+ weeks out before they building plus shipping and you pay twice what you can buy it retail for...o well.

You can find composite and metal bats everywhere....nothing in the wood though.

I picked up a Mizuno bat at Dicks sporting goods last night while i was there...

Then i looked it up on the net, and found 16 reviews, 13 of which commented on the fact that they broke the bat within 5 at bats...some people broke it on the first at bat

Decided that i would order an XBAT SB73 which has less reviews, but all of them are very good.

Let us know and post up some pics.

My Mizuno granted was a baseball bat, but lasted me a season with great integrity. *shrug*

Let us know and post up some pics.

My Mizuno granted was a baseball bat, but lasted me a season with great integrity. *shrug*

I've liked everything Mizuno i have ever had...i just couldn't take the chance when the bat with great reviews is only $6 more out of pocket.

This is the Mizuno i bought, and just took back to the store

mzc271_lge.jpg

This is what i have on the way, i don't like the color, but its the only color i could get without a special order.

aimages.justbats.com_images_products_item_xb08_sb73egnatl.jpg

Good looking bats.

Man, I wish we had a free opt-in softball league. I could still do Fall, but would have to get a team together. Maybe at like...bike night or something.

Good looking bats.

Man, I wish we had a free opt-in softball league. I could still do Fall, but would have to get a team together. Maybe at like...bike night or something.

This league you have to have a full team at sign up too. Its actually a 'church' league, and in the bylaws of the league it says you MUST BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE CHURCH

I don't even know where this church that i play for is...

ooo, Church, that's a deal-breaker for me. Hehe.

Honestly, I'm thinking about doing a fall football league and getting who I know into it, and picking up the rest at a bike night from non-squids non-bikers, lol.

I would like to give a huge +1 to justbats.com

If you order before 8PM Central, they will ship the same day....and there is always an option for free shipping, you might as well take it. I did. I ordered the bat at 6PM on Tuesday the 4th of may, and sure enough i got a shipping confirmation email that night. The bat is currently out for delivery right now. Thats right, 2 day shipping on the 'free shipping' choice.

I got some pictures of the bat last night. Great looking bat. I didn't upload them...i'll probably post them tonight.

Good looking bat and adorable kiddo there Clark.

Figured i could updated this post....because i'm bored...

1. The bat is frigging awesome...but i think i need to start charging a usage rate. Not really, but everyone on the team seems to like it and use it. Has great balance, awesome 'pop', and it lost its pleasing aesthetics long ago...

2. I'm a much better shortstop than i am Left Fielder...although, if i worked on the accuracy of my longer throws i would be better out in the field.

3. After several games, i finally figured out how to hit....i was having serious trouble getting good wood on the ball in the early going. Lots of weak grounders to shortstop and up the middle. Not anymore... Last night i went 4 for 4 with a triple, two doubles and a single(that i could have stretched into a double pretty easily but we were up by a large margin so i settled for a single). Everything was hit hard.

4. Softball is pretty fun when you are playing people that like to have fun out on the field. I wish i knew more people that played i would get into more tournaments around the area.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54