• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anybody draw a line on their ball for putting?

Oops.....

Fourputt, I think you better recheck your math??? inch to foot conversion might be one error. ball dia should be 1.64 inches. 1/32" error in 1.64" = 1" error in 32*1.64" = 1" in 52.5 inches =1" in 4.37 feet.
hole dia is 4.25" so dead aim at center means a miss at 2.125" offline. 2.125* 4.37 = 9.3' putt offline 1/32" in ball diameter will miss the cup.

sorry if seem real A**holish here but am really bored and my tooth still aches. :)

...not sure where my head was earlier.... sure wasn't anywhere near here....:eek: Still it is a clear miss... had that much right anyway. Anything outside of about 5 feet and you aren't going to do yourself much good with the line in the ball.

...not sure where my head was earlier.... sure wasn't anywhere near here....

You probly left it out in the snow:D

asdf

I just use the pro v1 logo, or whatever ball you use logo. I also have a line on my 2 ball putter.

Since we are discussing putting here,
I ran a search here and cant find the thread about "blind eye" ?? putting technique. I still use a lot of that advice and strategy. anyone know where the original article was?

I use a red line on my balls. However, when lining my ball up, I look for the break and line I think the putt will travel and find a spot in front of the ball about 6 inches to aim for and align my line up to that instead of aligning it to the hole.

Robert

I do not. The writing on the ball is usually enough for me.

Ok, ive used this line for the past 3 rounds. Ill say now its paid off for me. Im making a lot more mid range putts for pars/birdies and am a lot more confident above the ball, knowing even though it looks 4 inches left of where its actually going (vision problem), i konw that from behind the ball ive lined it up properly and can stroke it with confidence.

Btw, my last 3 rounds have been 76,73,74 none with over 26 putts

i draw a line halfway around the ball. Not sure how much it helps my putting, but i still line that line up with the hole. The line along with you other markings also makes it easier to identify in tournament play.

I usually always put a line on my ball and if I don't I will use the logo. I seem to putt better with it. I like that drill with the tees metioned on page 1..I'm going to have to try that.

BTW:I was browsing a golf blog this morning and it showed this cool idea to use the ring on a Gatorade bottle, the one that cap connects to. I guess it fits almost perfectly on the ball and you'll save 9 dollars buying on of those line m up things at dick's sporting goods. Unless your Tiger inwhich he draws a straight line with no help.

This reminded me of one of Leno's headlines... I've had those days that method might actually prove more effective though.
icon10.gif

:biglol:
Since we are discussing putting here,
I ran a search here and cant find the thread about "blind eye" ?? putting technique. I still use a lot of that advice and strategy. anyone know where the original article was?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520