• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

At one with myself...

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went out last night at 9.30pm. Beautiful sunset, balmy weather etc. So I played a loop of 6 holes. I hit a few balls, chips, putts etc.(I've a lend of a White Steel 2 ball - until my eBay ho arrives). But I'm just really taking it easy getting some exercise, limbering up for Captain's Day this Saturday.

Next thing I look at my watch and it's 11.05pm. It was fairly dark granted, but I was putting and could still see the ball, hole etc. The moon was out. What a night man!

So anyway I get back home and the wife confronts me.

"Where were you?" says she.
"Playing golf" says I.
"In the dark? I don't think think so".
"Honest injun darling, I was playing golf."

I don't think she was convinced. So now I'm getting paranoid that she thinks I'm having an affair or something. Well I am actually getting close to the Oddessy. ;)

She did have a point though. We have a shit load of DIY that needs a doin'.

"Funny how you can find time for golf, yada, yada, yada."

So looks like I'm in the dog house for a while. Once I get over the fantasy of winning Captain's Day this w/e, I guess I'm just going to have to get stuck into it.

Life is full of never-ending DIY challenges.

Stopped at the hardware store this morning to pick up some paint. I have an understanding with the wife that no more than one full weekend day is to be given up for DIY and at least 1/2 of one weekend day is for golf.

She doesn't always like it but she tries to act as though she understands. Of course all of us fathers in the US should have it made this weekend. Or is it father's day everywhere?

IG:

This happens to me - but right in the middle of the afternoon!

I often combine a range session with a trip to the fitness center to workout. My workout is 45 minutes and of course - I hit balls before I work out - not after.

Sometimes when I go to the range, I intend to hit for about 30 minutes and then I kind of zone out and find myself hitting balls for much longer. One day I hit a large bucket of five irons. Just stood there and hit about 100 five irons...suddenly 90 minutes has passed and I haven't even hit the fitness center.

I am on the Stairmaster when the cell phone rings....

"Where are you?" "Wank, wank, wank"...

Sheesh.

Bravo said:
IG:

Sheesh.

:biglol:
If only you knew what I'm laughing at...on the Stairmaster? :biglol: ...on the phone?... :biglol:
Or is this Mrs. Bravo? :biglol:

(PS. Look up wank on Google)

Bravo said:

Sheesh.

Bloody hell.

You're not related to IG are you??

IrishGolfer said:
"Where were you?" says she.
"Playing golf" says I.
"In the dark? I don't think think so".
"Honest injun darling, I was playing golf."

I don't think she was convinced.

See, now, you forgot to mention the tub of Crisco you were carrying along.

She would have understood, then.

Plus, it's great for squeaky hinges. So versatile.... ;)

Well now I don't know what to think. Is it a bad thing or a good thing. I mean, what's wrong with these three wankers?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520