• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Balancing you Golf Balls for Putting Improvement

IMO they are almost pointless as digging up an 8month old thread to try to promote a product because you can't post a link to it yet.

Big brother is watching...

R35

I was wondering if anyone but me had noticed this.

That link thing must drive them crazy. :D!

I had one guy last week make 15 one line posts and the on 16 came the link.....17 was the bunker. :laugh:

I wasn'ty overly concerned, as he's barking up the wrong tree with that Check Go and this crowd (most of us, anyways).

R35

I had one guy last week make 15 one line posts and the on 16 came the link.....17 was the bunker. :laugh:

I thought thats what that guy was doing. He had like 15 post that said something along the lines of "wow, thats interesting." Glad to see he found he rightful place as he was starting to annoy me.

I am one of the few that still stands behind my Check-go for the reasons mentioned in the one thread. But I didn't want to get the guy started, as I would rather support my own arguments with my own opinion than have this guy on my side. Seemed like it went from a question about the device, and when a good link with info was provided, it went to a promotional code to buy the thing. Just waiting for the link on post 15.

Personally I would rather spend the $34 at Golfsmith for the pro version, or even better the $20 for the original version. Then if I found it to be a POS for my needs, I could take it back for a instant refund. Seeing as how most of the people on here think it is a POS, why would you want to be strapped in to their website if you are truly up in the air on the device.

Personally I think the $20 older version is sufficient, and can be found at most places on clearance much cheaper than the $30 mentioned.

edit 1 - I guess now I will get to hear how the new version has a thing that tells you when it is balanced and other junk, so if you play golf and are blind so you can't see the rotation sequences, you can still balance the ball. Who else would benefit as much as the blind, maybe we need a braille spinner. Ooops, I gave up my idea.

I have a check-go as well. Its not total garbage like some people say, but it will not help your game much either. The advantages of a balanced golf ball are not going to cure the rights or the lefts.

I am not all that keen on having a strip all the way around the golf ball so I have not been using the device as much lately. I have a dozen that have been spun with a pencil that I am experimenting with. The pencil line does not last too long, but I am putting my initials along the balance line so that I can take advantage of the balancing with out having the complete loop around the ball.

I spin my shafts for spine alignment as well, so I am sure that some will find me completely off my rocker. In talking with some shaft experts at the PGA show in January, no one to date can produce a shaft without a spine regardless of material and/or expense of the shaft. While again, the differences may be small from an aligned shaft to a non aligned shaft, there is a difference.

Spine aligning your shafts and/or golf balls can not hurt your game, so what is the harm in doing it?

I have a check-go as well. Its not total garbage like some people say, but it will not help your game much either. The advantages of a balanced golf ball are not going to cure the rights or the lefts.

Spine aligning your shafts and/or golf balls can not hurt your game, so what is the harm in doing it?

None.

However, stating that it's a cure is not accurate. You've said it yourself that it's not a swing fix.

However, if it mentally prepares you to play your best golf, then by all means do it.

R35

None.

However, stating that it's a cure is not accurate. You've said it yourself that it's not a swing fix.

However, if it mentally prepares you to play your best golf, then by all means do it.

R35

And I stand behind my statement. I do not care how much money you spend on equipment, its not going to cure a poor swing.

Balanced golf balls and spine aligned shafts will very minimally improve ball flight, ball roll, and/or accuracy. Most of us probably would not be able to notice the difference, but I am one of those idiots that believes in covering all the bases if I can. Personally, I like the feel of spine allignened shafts but I would probably be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference between one that was and the one that was not if I hit them both. Same deal with the golf balls. It is probably more of a mental thing than anything else, but to quote Yogi Berra, "90% of the game is half mental." :D

Hogan used a magnifying glass on all his balls and rejected those he thought had to much paint in the dimples.All that effort from a player who used to decide which groove to hit the ball with.:)

I agree 100%. If taping a dead rat to your face makes you play better, then do it.

R35

Rock, have you tried this? Does the tail make a good alignment aid? Please report more fully in the equipment review section. And if you could please compare the results of putting with a mouse, rat, nutria - and if you're really the lumberjack, beaver - attached to your face, I would be forever in your debt.

I am not all that keen on having a strip all the way around the golf ball so I have not been using the device as much lately. I have a dozen that have been spun with a pencil that I am experimenting with. The pencil line does not last too long, but I am putting my initials along the balance line so that I can take advantage of the balancing with out having the complete loop around the ball.
Originally I would spin them with a pencil then use a Line-em up device to put a line only half way around. Worked well, not sure if a half line would work for you. Then eventually I grew accustomed to a full line and it made it easier to identify the ball.

Rock, have you tried this? Does the tail make a good alignment aid? Please report more fully in the equipment review section. And if you could please compare the results of putting with a mouse, rat, nutria - and if you're really the lumberjack, beaver - attached to your face, I would be forever in your debt.

Are you nuts? There's no way I would do that. Not a chance.

Rat, yes, but never a beaver. :D

R35

Are you nuts? There's no way I would do that. Not a chance.

Rat, yes, but never a beaver. :D

R35

Nothing wrong with a little beaver on the face every now and again. :D

Originally I would spin them with a pencil then use a Line-em up device to put a line only half way around. Worked well, not sure if a half line would work for you. Then eventually I grew accustomed to a full line and it made it easier to identify the ball.

I thought about doing that as well. We'll see how the initials go for a while before I resort to adding a line back to the ball. Thanks for the tip, though. Its definitely better than a full line.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520