• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Big Break Fans Rejoice! Big Break PEI Starts April 20th

I know a couple of Kim Kouwabunpats, but probably not that one.

Derek Gillespie is canadian and was highly touted for years. He is long, does well on the Canadian tour then sh1ts the bed at Q school.

My Wife and I are from PEI... We're really looking forward to the series.. Although I really agree and hope the focous is on the golf, and golf shots!

I wish I had a chance to play Mill River before this took place, I'll try it out this summer Its in a really really out of the way area on PEI.

Anyone know if any of these people are from PEI?.

Noone is from p.e.i. on the show.I think there is only one canadian as a matter of fact.The course was in UNBELIEVABLE condition!! The greens usually run from 9 in spring to maybe 10 mid summer ,and they had them rolling between 11.5 and 12.It was pretty neat.

Wow after watching the guys hit there 120 yard shots, its amazing how fast the greens are there compared to normal!...

PEI greens are usually pretty slow from my experience.

They had too many darn commercials in the show last night!!!... It was like equal in the second half the show (showtime vs commercials)

Wow after watching the guys hit there 120 yard shots, its amazing how fast the greens are there compared to normal!...

PEI greens are usually pretty slow from my experience.

They had too many darn commercials in the show last night!!!... It was like equal in the second half the show (showtime vs commercials)

I dont know which courses you play when you come here, but places like Dundarave and Brudenell run at the slowest 10 and highest 11.5.Any higher then that and a recreational golfer cannot cope.

You realize that at most PGA tour events the greens only stimp at 10.5. Augusta national most years are only 12. With that, I have seen at least 15 people operate a stimp meter and none of them knew what the hell they were doing with it. The average 10 hdcp would eaten alive by greens that truly stimp at 11. Feel free to believe what you want, but thems the facts jack.

You realize that at most PGA tour events the greens only stimp at 10.5. Augusta national most years are only 12. With that, I have seen at least 15 people operate a stimp meter and none of them knew what the hell they were doing with it. The average 10 hdcp would eaten alive by greens that truly stimp at 11. Feel free to believe what you want, but thems the facts jack.

Could you please explain exactly what stimp is, how you measure it, what the incriments of measurement are, how one would change stimp, and how to use a stimp meter.

Set your PVR's up and watch 6 men and 6 women battle it out again, but this time at Mill River Golf Course in PEI Canada.

Being a Canuck, I'm thrilled. Can't wait to watch it and interview contestants after the shows. I was surprised to see the papers up here announce it before even the GC had it on their site, but it was in more than one paper today. I think all the papers are trying to keep us from becoming totally depressed after that stupid groundhog said 6 more weeks of winter!!! They had to give us hope of greener pastures :)

Do you know any of them? Here are their names (no bios yet on GC):
Aaron Wright, Brenda McLarnon, Eugene Smith, Gerina Mendoza, Robert Read, Caroline Larsson, Derek Gillespie, Nicole Sikora, William Thompson, Blair O’Neal, Brian Skatell and Kim Kouwabunpat.

Just a heads up...see you back here in a couple of months.

Okay, what did you really think of the show? I loved the fact that the 3 foot putt was the hardest challenge they faced. Just ask the contestants...which I did. Check out Blair, Derek, Brenda and Gerina interviews. Hope to chat with William and Brian as well.

I love the fact that we have such a mix of characters and players. Should be a great show and being in PEI only makes it that much better. I can't wait to play there in June.

I'm glad to have the show back! I really liked the team-format of the last show, though. I don't like guys going head to head against girls. It seems like someone ends up with an advantage either way- either being able to hit it longer, or not HAVING to hit it long.

I'm glad that swing-out-of-my-ass dbag got booted. What a chump.

If you say so,I just so have scorecards from the courses I mentioned,and what they say as their green speed is in pretty plain text.You should totally come up here to P.E.I. this spring and fix that for them though.

Okay, what did you really think of the show? I loved the fact that the 3 foot putt was the hardest challenge they faced. Just ask the contestants...which I did. Check out Blair, Derek, Brenda and Gerina interviews. Hope to chat with William and Brian as well.

I love the fact that we have such a mix of characters and players. Should be a great show and being in PEI only makes it that much better. I can't wait to play there in June.

Which courses do you plan on playing?

I'll be back on PEI at the end of July, getting married and stuff.. I'm hoping I will get to try at least one of the higher end courses when I'm there.... But we have no money so, cheaper courses are better for me. I will likely get to play "Belvedere" with my Dad, "Country View" with Andreas Dad, and I really love Eagles Glen, so we will probably give that one a try aswell.

Maybe we will make our way all the way out to mill river, but its all by itsself out there.

I'm really glad that crazy swingin dude got knocked out monday aswell... He was really really weird "Like a wolf, waiting for its prey at night" Weirdo.

Fr. Chris

I'm glad to have the show back! I really liked the team-format of the last show, though. I don't like guys going head to head against girls. It seems like someone ends up with an advantage either way- either being able to hit it longer, or not HAVING to hit it long.

I'm glad that swing-out-of-my-ass dbag got booted. What a chump.

I came here for one reason.... tee it high and let it fly. I'm like a lion just watching all the hyeanas eat my food. I wish I coulda had a tee in the bunker.

If you say so,I just so have scorecards from the courses I mentioned,and what they say as their green speed is in pretty plain text.You should totally come up here to P.E.I. this spring and fix that for them though.

I have seen many courses post numbers as well. When measured properly, they arent even close. I guarantee you have never seen a green at 11.5, ever. I could set up a stimp meter and roll 3 balls on it and get 3 different readings, varying as much as 3 feet apart just by how I place the ball in the track. Believe what you will, but 11 is extrmely fast even py PGA tour standards. The USGA at the open sets the speed goal at 11.5 for christs sake. Stimp is a dick measureing contest, and everyone entering fluffs. Simple as that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520