• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Boats and Ho's!

That's it. self retracting. Pull em out, hook em on & ratchet a couple times. To release you push on the release lever, unhook & you are done. So simple even WBL could manage:p

My rig here in New Jersey. 1982 Mako that I restored. Before golf I was addicted to fishing. I have my captain's license and ran charters as a sideline for a number of years. Now I rarely bother with the boats......the mako sits beside the house and when I go to Florida I spend most of my time on the golf course. This year in Florida I spent more time snorkling with my son than fishing.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_boat111807005.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_boattrip015.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_fishingtrip62106001.jpg

The little 17 Key West is kept in the garage in Florida and is just waiting for me to go down and use it.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_DSCF0010.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_DSCF0006_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_DSCF0015.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_Days2and3007.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_florida2009DAY1005.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_RainbowSprings025.jpg

An excellent looking rig Fisher. What type fish are those? A couple look like some type of cod.

Fish in first pic is a Striped Bass in NJ. Then we have a Gag Grouper in Florida, then a Ladyfish, and a Speckled Sea Trout.

Hey Bubba.....Wave for the camera!

PS. Bubba here is alot bigger than the picture makes it appear. For a guage look at the size of his pec fin in relation to my hand and arm......I'm 6'1 & 205 with a pretty big wingspan. Its an optical illusion as he is facing lengthwise towards the camera.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_2004_0530019.jpg

Fish in first pic is a Striped Bass in NJ. Then we have a Gag Grouper in Florida, then a Ladyfish, and a Speckled Sea Trout.

Hey Bubba.....Wave for the camera!

PS. Bubba here is alot bigger than the picture makes it appear. For a guage look at the size of his pec fin in relation to my hand and arm......I'm 6'1 & 205 with a pretty big wingspan. Its an optical illusion as he is facing lengthwise towards the camera.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_2004_0530019.jpg

Man, thats something i've always wanted to do, offshore fishing.

I wouldn't even know where to start out there. I have the 'Where the hell do i fish' problem on the lakes around here....let alone a whole ocean

Couple of shots of the boats I used to captain.
Got my start on this one. Ran this one for charters.

gallery_21.jpg
gallery_05.jpg

This is the last one I ran. I was the hired captain for this family for 5 years. The owner was the president of a large corporation. Him buying a boat was like one of us buying a new set of golf clubs. The last year I ran his boat I tried to quit as my son was getting older and I wanted to spend time with him. Owners response was don't worry about it....just bring him along.....so at 5 years old my son made 16 trips to the Canyons (70 miles of the New Jersey coast) with me that summer. They payed me very well but I ended up calling it quits after that summer as my full time career was becoming successful and my kids were getting older.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_0010.jpg

A few of the fish we caught durring my charter days. I wish I had taken more pictures along the way.

White Marlin

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_steinermarlin.jpg

One of 14 100+ pound yellowfin we landed that night.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_tuna_1.jpg

Little schoolie bluefin.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_2004_0710003.jpg

Little Mako

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_mako75.jpg

Sailfish

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_sailfish2_1.jpg

Sailfish from the tower.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v456_mako224_sailfish_2.jpg

Sensational photos Fisher. Thanks for posting.

+1, that has to be a pretty fun job.

Actually it got to be a real drag. The owner used the boat to take clients so I was usually fishing with people with zero experience. Offshore fishing is alot more fun when you have a crew of seasoned offshore fishermen who know what to do when a school of tuna blow up under your trolling spread and 6 rods all go off at the same time. I also have my own boat sitting in a slip 200 yards from my house that was not getting used. Its one of those things where you take something that you love to do and turn it into a job and all of a sudden you begin hating what you once loved.

Actually it got to be a real drag. The owner used the boat to take clients so I was usually fishing with people with zero experience. Offshore fishing is alot more fun when you have a crew of seasoned offshore fishermen who know what to do when a school of tuna blow up under your trolling spread and 6 rods all go off at the same time. I also have my own boat sitting in a slip 200 yards from my house that was not getting used. Its one of those things where you take something that you love to do and turn it into a job and all of a sudden you begin hating what you once loved.

Yeah, i can see where that would happen.

How do you even get 6 of them boated without a tangled mess of line, rods, and fisherman?

Over the weekend I started a complete re-wire job on the boat. Well, i guess it's not 'complete' as i'm not replacing ALL the wires and switch's. I am taking everything apart and will re use what I can. So many things have been added/subtracted/etc over the years that the wire looms are a mess. Impossible to troublshoot anything electrical on the boat since EVERYTHING is ran with either white, black, or orange wires. Sometimes orange is power, sometime's it's ground, same with both white and black wires...

So far I have all the wires that are no longer used pulled out and am in the process of re-purposing some of the wires. Once I've figured that out, i can pull new wire for anything I need after that and hook everything up.

Adding switch's for the lights, bilge pump, and aerator pump at the bow. Currently those can only be controlled from the helm. Also all power wires will now be fused correctly. Currently there is no fusing going on at all. I'm also consolidating power and ground wires to two sets on each battery. Starting battery will be a set for the motor and a set for accessories. The trolling battery will have a set dedicated to the trolling motor and one for accessories. Trying to remember all the different power/ground ring terminals on the battery's is a pain in the ass. Forget one, and you don't figure it out till your bilge pump doesn't work. Then you get to go rifle through all the wires in the battery compartment trying to find one missing ring terminal.

Makes you want to sell the bitch.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427