• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buick Championship

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to this small potatoes tourney today.

We walked around for awhile and finally set up on 17....just a few feet from the landing area. You may have seen me on TV if you saw Brad Faxon's drive on 17 which settled in the cartpath and rolled by me just a few feet away, I was in the shot as the camera followed the ball.

The most amazing shot I saw was one you didn't see on TV....some guy named Paul Gow hit the path on 17 but his ball got hung up in the rough and came to rest on an extension cord. The lie was easily 16 inches BELOW his feet and 160 or so to the pin. He chipped out to the fairway about and was maybe 10 yards out. He hit his 3 shot, it landed and rolled in the cup!

Awesome shot.

Anyway, Faxon wins it, the crowds were the thinnest I have ever seen due to the shabby field but we had fun anyway. :)

Observations...

There were ALOT of players using that new Nike driver....the yellow one.

Sirxon has the ugliest bags (all red....too gawdy).

Even the worst players in this tourney are a hundred times better than me.

Darren Clarke looks like shit.

Woody Austin had the best shirt.

Overall there was more Taylormade stuff being used than anything, it looked like Cleveland was second.

Slingblade61 said:

This made me spit orange juice on the floor.... :biglol: x10

R35

Slingblade61 said:

Expand on that please. Hungover? Overweight? Irish?

Slingblade61 said:

Bastard that is like saying I look like shit. And yes expand on this comment his golf, appearance?

Slingblade61 said:

Photos please :)

Even the Big Buys weren't there, it was a GREAT finish, congrats Faxon; the best putter on the planet!

Golf is golf. I enjoy watching it no matter who's playing. It was fun to see some of the guys close up. Jason Gore is not as big as he looks on tv. Darren Clarkes pants kicked a@#. Most of the guys are tall and lanky. I did almost get hit by someones tee shot though. My buddies and I were standing there when one of my friends says "look out", we thought he was joking and so did some of the fans and workers. The ball hit the cart path right next to us then went OB.

Sling wait till next year when the Buick gets a better time slot. There will be some bigger names there.:smilie_cl

Slingblade61 said:

And here it is. Sorry, could'nt find Darren Clarke looking like shit. :p

DaveE said:
And here it is. Sorry, could'nt find Darren Clarke looking like shit. :p

Best shirt!!???

Looks like he stole a set of curtains from a motel and got his mom to make it into a shirt. I'd need to be "heavy on drugs" for me to appear in that sorry nonsense. I'll bet it makes him feel a bit whacky!

I'll bet it would look good on Dave Ireland though. He's have a pair of "tousRs" to match that.

I watched the end of it last nite (thank you TIVO) and that playoff hole was killer. Faxon knocked one dead a couple feet from the pin out of the fairway sand and then van der Walt hits the flag with his approach. Crowd was going nuts.

IrishGolfer said:
I'd need to be "heavy on drugs" for me to appear in that sorry nonsense.

So, like next Friday? :D

R35

Darren Clarke a fashion train wreck. He looks he does his hair with a gallon of peroxide and a lawnmower.

ciggy dangling.

Those were pants? I though he still had on his pajamas!

I'll give him one thing though, he didn't feck around...grabs a club, lines up and hits, the whole thing took about 10 seconds, he was not doing well and by 17 I suppose he just wanted to get it over with.

Slingblade61 said:
I'll give him one thing though, he didn't feck around...grabs a club, lines up and hits, the whole thing took about 10 seconds, he was not doing well and by 17 I suppose he just wanted to get it over with.

He's acting more and more like his scottish neighbor Colin... :)

IrishGolfer said:
Best shirt!!???......I'll bet it would look good on Dave Ireland though. He's have a pair of "tousRs" to match that.

Well there's me surprise for the rematch ruined :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422