• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buying a bag

joe111

Apr 8, 2008
I just ordered some new clubs and want to get a new bag too. I have an old one that my old clubs are in that I could use temporarily but its kind of duct taped in places and falling apart. I generally use a pull cart, but I want a stand bag anyways because they don't look as huge and its probably better so I have the option to not use the cart sometime. I went and looked at sp,e bags today and I don't see many differences. I saw a lot in the $60-$90 price range and I would be ok spending that much. Is there anything to look for in particular? Any brands better than others? I know a lot of people mention Ogio on here but I didn't see any of those today. I went to a couple sporting goods stores (I'm sure a golf only store would have more bags), but saw a lot. I noticed some 14 way divider bags, but are those a hassle to find the empty hole? Then I saw a nice looking Callaway bag at Costco I was thinking about too. It was either $79 or $89 I don't remember, but I have a rebate check for Costco that is worth about that much so I was considering that because it would seem free! But its not like I wouldnt use that check there eventually anyways. One of the Nike bags looked pretty nice too for $79. Oh well, I am starting to ramble now. So any thoughts or recommendations?

Ogios are nice and can get pricey, it just kind of depends what you plan on doing with it, do you ride alot or carry alot. I have a small stand bag just becuase its lite and easy to carry around and i only keep what i need in it. If you have a favorite club manufacture you can get a matching bag. I know which one your talking about at Costco and it is pretty nice, mine is a Nike extreme sport bag. I had a cart bag before and got tired of lugging that crap around.

Frankly, if you like the one at Costco, I'd get it..."free" is always good!!

I'm using an Ogio Vaporlite and really like it. All stand bags have good and bad points, you just have to pick one you like and enjoy the good while tolerating the bad.

Take a look at rockbottomgolf.com. They always have a good selection at great prices.

I never ride, just use the pull cart all the time. But I would imagine there may be a time where I don't have room to bring the cart so then I would need to carry it.

Frankly, if you like the one at Costco, I'd get it..."free" is always good!!

I'm using an Ogio Vaporlite and really like it. All stand bags have good and bad points, you just have to pick one you like and enjoy the good while tolerating the bad.

I might go take a look at that Costco one again. Since it would be kinda "free" that is a good point. And also I went to a golf shop and there were tons of bags there and I never would be able to choose one between all those! Other one I saw at a store was an Ogio Blade that looked pretty nice but it was $100. We'll see.

What are you going to do with your old clubs? Tradem' in and put the money towards a new bag.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54