• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Calculating handicaps

dedicatedhacker

Reaction score
Just curious if you calculate less then 20 rounds how much that throws off your cap? I could only find my last 7 score cards and the online calculator will come up with an index as long as you enter 5 or more. I know it can't be fully accurate, just curious.

If the calculator is close to within +/- 1 point with 7 rounds entered then I'm pretty happy with the score :D

If the calculator is close to within +/- 1 point with 7 rounds entered then I'm pretty happy with the score :D

The only thing that would throw it off would be if you had a relatively awesome round, but if your best round of those 7 is indicative of your best rounds in general, it should be pretty close.

The only thing that would throw it off would be if you had a relatively awesome round, but if your best round of those 7 is indicative of your best rounds in general, it should be pretty close.
I've been pretty consistent with my scores lately except one I blew up but I entered it. I didn't enter some of the better scores I've recently had because I didn't have the cards.

I've been pretty consistent with my scores lately except one I blew up but I entered it.

That score won't matter ... it won't be used to calculate your index.

I post all my scores ... keeps me from deluding myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520