• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CALLAWAY KEEPS THERE WORD

SilkySm00thSwing

Reaction score
I've owned two callaway drivers in the last 3 months and broken both of them. Now since they say they have a 2 year warranty on the shafts of the clubs i decided to try them out. To my surprise all i did was go to the local PRO GOLF DISCOUNT, show them the crack or the break, they gave me a brand new club (the same exact thing of course) and that was it. I loved it. And best off all i have a tourney tomorrow and need a driver. THANKS CALLAWAY you are awesome.

They have a wonderful repoire with their customers. That's why they really are industry leaders on many, many levels...

Good show.

R35

Hey Silky just noticed it says Cleveland X-460 I didnt know they made that? lol just thought id let you know. Does anyone know if they have a warranty or something on their cerified preowned? I was thinking of buying a C4 or ERC Fusion from them.

I've purchased clubs through Callaway Pre-Owned with both positive and negative success. I ordered my 5 wood from them and it came with a different shaft than what I ordered. I called them and had to ship it back on my dime to get an exchange. I thought that was crap. However, the club that I got in return was brand new, in the plastic. Can't argue with that. I also ordered a driver from them and it came better than advertised.

As far as warranty goes, i'm sure it's just as good as their other customer service, pre-owned or not. If you have problems, just drop them a line, see what they will do.

R35

Alright do you have an opinion on the C4 or ERC Fusion? My friend got a new X-460 with a free heaven wood and I hit it well but $300 is a bit out of my price range. I heard they both make odd sounds but that dosent bother me it looks like im gonna have to try and find a place around here with them so I can try them out which may be hard because they are older models.

GO FUSION....they both sound awkward but the fusions feels great...and the C4 is not as good...in my opinion. Go Fusion or better yet go Callaway 454 thats a sweet driver and not expensive.

Alright I love the look of the fusion and for $99 from golfsmith it dosent hurt my wallet thanks plus at only $99 if I cant hit it I wont loose as much money as if I bought a new one. Thanks ill look into the 454 as well.

Not to be a downer, but if Callaway is so great why have you broken two of them in three months...either you get pissed at your clubs or they need to start using better shafts. I have replaced two Hawkeyes in my day with shaft problems and will never go back, but as you said they do have a good warranty policy...probably because they have to.

Rosmo

Rosmo said:
Not to be a downer, but if Callaway is so great why have you broken two of them in three months...either you get pissed at your clubs or they need to start using better shafts. I have replaced two Hawkeyes in my day with shaft problems and will never go back, but as you said they do have a good warranty policy...probably because they have to.

Rosmo

Good point. It's well known that Callaway shafts are crap. However, it's also well known that if you break one, they'll replace it.

is it better to go out and buy a Titleist and have a break and get a "too bad, so sad" from them should it snap, or know that if you break your Cally, you're covered like a jimmy hat? Both sides of the coin, i guess.

The 454 is a great club. The C4 is garbage, worst Callaway driver ever next to the original Steelhead. The Fusion is a good club too, but loud. The 454 is long and forgiving and would be a great investment. Another club worth looking at that runs relatibely cheap is the Hawkeye VFT. It's extremely forgiving and very, very long.

Good luck in your search. If you can, find a Cally that has a non OEM shaft in it like a Graf ProLaunch or a Aldila NV. The stock OEM shafts from Cally are dog feces in terms of represented flex and feel, as well as performance.

R35

How would that Fusion be for a fairly new golfer. I am thinking about upgrading from the MacGreggor I got for $35. That fusion looks to be the right price. I will try to hit one here soon.

Schem,

I would still recommend the 454 over the Fusion. It's more forgiving and straighter. The Fusion is a great driver, and would be a good choice. However, if you're just starting out, you can probably use the more help that you can get. No offense obviously, just stating the obvious.

R35

No offense taken at all. That is why I asked. Thanks

Callaway shafts are some of the best stock shafts out there. Taylormade is crap and Callaway puts the same shaft in there clubs as Cleveland and Ping. Its not the shaft, its just im so powerful that i snap them in the downswing. What can i say.

What I liked about the Cally shafts is that they have the firm which is exactly right for me because my swing speed is right between a regular and stiff flex so if my thoughts are right firm should be perfect. Rock I have looked at the VFT one of my friends has a 5 wood but to me it felt heavy. I did however see a deal on ebay for a VFT driver and 3 wood in absolute mint cindition for $100 with free shipping. Thanks for the help guys ill let you know how it goes. Oh and another reason why I didnt want to spend to much is because I am 15 and my swing speed increases every year so the driver that I hit awesome this year I may not be able to hit at all next year.

15andlife said:
What I liked about the Cally shafts is that they have the firm which is exactly right for me because my swing speed is right between a regular and stiff flex so if my thoughts are right firm should be perfect. Rock I have looked at the VFT one of my friends has a 5 wood but to me it felt heavy. I did however see a deal on ebay for a VFT driver and 3 wood in absolute mint cindition for $100 with free shipping. Thanks for the help guys ill let you know how it goes. Oh and another reason why I didnt want to spend to much is because I am 15 and my swing speed increases every year so the driver that I hit awesome this year I may not be able to hit at all next year.

The Pro Series have the heavier shafts in them. Consider the no pro series for the Hawkeyes.

Or you can swap the shafts for something lighter to lessen the swingweight.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424