• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway woes, but they will fix it for me

Coach

Krusher
Reaction score
Just a bit dissappointed here. Purchsased my custom fit FT-3, with upgraded UST Proforce shaft September of last year. Paid full price. Yesterday, while playing, the club felt a little different as it struck the ball, both in pre round warm up and during play. On the 18th tee, after teeing off, I am casually looking at the shaft as my other partners were hitting (I had honors of course) I noticed these scratches(?) on the shaft near the club head. I thought it was a paint issue, but upon further review, these were hairline fractures in the shaft! I did not get too upset because I had read several times on these forums about how Callaway stands behnd its products. And they do, as I have just gotten return authorization from them to fix it, but am I going to have to worry about this set up on a year to year basis? I hope not. I wonder if anyone else has experienced an issue like this with Callaway products or the UST shafts?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Coach

Wasn't it Callaway who said "we don't make golf clubs, we SELL golf clubs" (or something like that)... :D

I had a FT3 Tour for a long time and never had any problems at all with it. One of my regular playing partners has had one since they first came out and his is still going strong.

thats one thing for sure, callaway has the best CS of any company i have ever dealt with...

they replace my 56* wedge, because i hit it out of a creek and left water all over it, and the chrome came off on the sole.. now that is service!!

as for your problem, no this is a once in a blue moon thing.. and if it does happen again, callaway is known to upgrade their customers to a more expensive model(ie ft-5) or the shaft of their choice..

In Callaway's defense here, it was the shaft that failed, not the clubhead. Perhaps UST should be the focus here?

That being said, Cally will make it right. They're the best in the business at that.

R35

Mizzy is replacing my 9 iron shaft for free, Cally might do the same, although DGSL S300 is quite less $$$

Cally replaced my buddy's Aldila NV that was 2+ years old in a Big Bertha 454 for free when it snapped in mid-swing.

So this reputation thing really works, huh? =)

All done. Cally fixed it, however they gave me their grip vs. the Lampkin mid size I use. No problem, a minor inconvenience for the stellar servce.
They are building a loyal customer here.

Here too, I'm fanatic over my FT-3. :D

Lets see pics of yours! hehe.

I do not have the tour version, rather draw bias with UST shaft. You've seen it.

not to thread jack here.but i sold my old TM 580xd to a buddy.because i bought a FT-3 nuetral.anyways he boke the head off after a couple weeks went to Dick`s to get the shaft replaced and the guy there told him to call TM and they would replace it.sure enough i seen it sunday when we went golfing.they didnt put another M.A.S. in it they put a Graphaloy Pro Launch back in it.which kinda suprised me.

anyways hopefully i will never have to depend on CS from any company but its good to know that there are some out there that stand by there product.

I do not have the tour version, rather draw bias with UST shaft. You've seen it.

Aesthetically, it isn't any different is it?

Oh, and yeah, I suppose I probably have. :)

Main difference is the slightly closed face of 1 degree, which I do not really notice because of the paint job, and rounder/taller head. -- careful now.
Coach

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420