• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally Razr Fit Xtreme

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slide.jpg
I've hit this thing enough to give a review now. I bought this from a guy on WRX with not a scratch on it. The shaft is a tad shorter than stock (he ordered it from Cally that way) which seems to be a good thing. It has the Aldila Trinity in it which is not a made for shaft. Cally gives two stock options for this club, both are tour grade shafts... which probably contributes to it's hefty retail price tag, (I got it for much cheaper:)).

This club can be adjusted @ the hosel for neutral, open, or closed and also has two weights in the bottom (13g and 1g). Originally I tried the neutral position with the 13g at the toe and while a good strike is rewarded (usually is with any club) hitting it out towards the toe at all, this club at this setting did not like. Sure, it took left out of the course, but it brought in too much right. Switched the weights and set the face to open and POW! I'm sure a bad day can be had and probably will, but on a not so bad day this thing is really nice. It has a slightly smaller, traditionally shaped head and a black face which I like. That Trinity is no joke, great shaft. Obviously the adjustability helps, or at least it did in my case.

The flight is penetrating yet it gets up for a little more carry than I was getting. The overall distance is about the same maybe a tad longer on a more regular basis. Even with a case of the rights at first, it is forgiving on mishits as far as distance goes. Overall it is a good club and is worth what I paid for it. It stays in the bag, at least for now.

Nice!

I had an 8.5 Razr Fit last year as my gamer, now it's an 8.5 913D3.
I liked it, but had the stock stiff shaft, it tended to get whippy, the Aldila NV 60g stiff.
Overall the Razr line is ok, I almost got the Tour Fit last year, the sales guy talked me out of it. Too much shaft, yada yada.
But overall I agree the Razr line is pretty decent. I think a kid won on tour or europe with an 8.5 Razr Fit in his bag, not even the 'tour', the one I had, but of course he had a tweeked shaft.

I played a couple holes with a guy who had a new one (course was getting backed up) and if it isn't the best driver out there this year it is the best LOOKING driver out there this year.

My 913D3 looks pretty good to me
Nice tight baby draw down the middle around 280
LOL

I was at the PGA Tour Superstore today and gave this club a try. It had the Aldila Trinity Shaft stiff in it and I didn't care for it. I kind of lost the club at the top of the back swing.

Got a 7m3 for this bad boy and it is a completely different driver. Different sound, feel, and flight. I put the face on square, but left the weights with the heavy one in the toe. Played 9 holes yesterday with it that way and it is much better than it was with the Trinity... so far. God I hope it stays that way.

I hit it at demo days with the trinity shaft and couldn't hit one decent shot. Went to the X-Hot and it was a different game. Didn't try the Razr with the Matrix shaft.

I hit it at demo days with the trinity shaft and couldn't hit one decent shot. Went to the X-Hot and it was a different game. Didn't try the Razr with the Matrix shaft.
The X Hot has that Project X shaft right?

The 7m3 is a nice shaft. It's no b!tch though, if you go out cold early in the morning the first tee might not treat you that well.

I must not have as smooth of a tempo as I thought because with the Trinity I either hit it super long or super block or super hook, which tells me that a. my swing doesn't have the same timing every time and my tempo is not that smooth and b. the Trinity with the more active tip will either leave the head behind or throw it foward more easily with slight differences in tempo. A smooth swinger would like the Trinity, but it wasn't for me.

The X Hot has that Project X shaft right?

The 7m3 is a nice shaft. It's no b!tch though, if you go out cold early in the morning the first tee might not treat you that well.

I must not have as smooth of a tempo as I thought because with the Trinity I either hit it super long or super block or super hook, which tells me that a. my swing doesn't have the same timing every time and my tempo is not that smooth and b. the Trinity with the more active tip will either leave the head behind or throw it foward more easily with slight differences in tempo. A smooth swinger would like the Trinity, but it wasn't for me.

Yup. The X-Hot has the Project X Velocity shaft which feels (to me) alot like the Matrix Ozik that I liked in my Burner Superfast 2.0.

Now after playing it on the course a few times and having a few range sessions with it with two different shafts, if I had to describe my feelings about the relationship between this driver and I it'd go like this...:mad: I have learned that a monitor doesn't show correctly the dispursion and frequency of said dispurtion. I want to like this club, but it's not showing me any love back. None. In the past I could tell you my miss without seeing it by feel. With this thing i'll hit one that feels money and it'll be a turd. This thing is running out of chances.

If she keeps acting up and you decide to get rid of her I probably know a fella that'd be interested. My lil bro is itching for new gear.

Now after playing it on the course a few times and having a few range sessions with it with two different shafts, if I had to describe my feelings about the relationship between this driver and I it'd go like this...:mad: I have learned that a monitor doesn't show correctly the dispursion and frequency of said dispurtion. I want to like this club, but it's not showing me any love back. None. In the past I could tell you my miss without seeing it by feel. With this thing i'll hit one that feels money and it'll be a turd. This thing is running out of chances.

1237229646410.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422