• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Camera Gurus...

ER, no. I take pictures, why do I need to swap something?
It's a girl thing. Being an upstanding (well, not lately - you are getting old) founding member of cross-dressers anonymous, I thought you would understand.

ER, no. I take pictures, why do I need to swap something?
So if the top player in golf plays Nike, it must be because they are the best clubs known to man, right??? It seems they hit the best shots you can hit, why not buy them???

Seems like every 30 index should play blades as well if that is what it seems to require to take the best shots??? How are you ever going to improve if you hit inferior clubs? I sure don't see many good players using game improvement irons.

This camera is like a Superman camera? You point it at a target and it will do everything you want by simply hitting the ball, err, I mean button?

Yep, its vastly superior to anything Eracer has. Its a simple arguement, I win

I just bought myself a fujifilm s1000fd. I love sales combined with lower VAT.

I need to upgrade my digital camera. It's old and it's a POS. I don't want to break the bank, but I do like my stuff to make me look cooler than I really am :D. Size isn't important. AA batteries are a plus as it will be stashed in my golf bag and I'd like to have extras available.

edit: I've been thinking about this for a long time, always been interested in it. I have an older canon 35mm slr, and I messed around with it some, but only 5-6 rolls of film, not enough to reall learn anything. Do you think trying out a dslr would be a wise investment? I take a lot of pictures with my Sony digital, but I want to have some 'control'. How long do these last? I would assume good for years? Canon digital rebel?

Do you think trying out a dslr would be a wise investment?

Wise? Yes. Investment? No.

I take a lot of pictures with my Sony digital, but I want to have some 'control'. How long do these last? I would assume good for years?

They last as long as you don't break it.

Canon digital rebel?

Yes.
See notes........

You will not fit a rebel in your golf bag.

You can fit an XSI in your bag, but not the 50D. Well maybe.

Lenses are what take up the space. The 70-200 2.8 is about 3 times the size of the camera.

You can fit an XSI in your bag, but not the 50D. Well maybe.

Lenses are what take up the space. The 70-200 2.8 is about 3 times the size of the camera.
I had a 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 with me. About 4 inches long. It worked OK.

You will not fit a rebel in your golf bag.

I shot about 1500 pictures in Scotland with mine. Many of those on golf courses.
If I am going to take a camera on the course, my Rebel is the camera I take. Although in defense, you will never see me cram it in my bag.

I have a padded hiking hip pack (made for hiking, not for a camera) that holds the camera, telephoto lens, filters, batteries, with rain bag cover that I strap to my Camera backpack for use on day trips.

damn - I've been perusing strobist.blogspot.com, so I'll be taking 2 unmbrella stands and some speedlites with me to the golfcourse PA ;)

LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423