• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cleveland launcher 2009

RoyM

Reaction score
Sigh, Okay i dont know what to do.. Okay, I blought the 2009 launcher driver Regular flex I had a ping g2 stiff but had a prolaunch in it. I hit the prolaunch to the left straight lefts most of the times and the the 2009 launcher goes 190 straight out then turns right like a heat seeking missle. I thought i needed a regular flex due to the straight lefts i was getting from the g2 . Is the prolaunch stiffer than a normal stiff driver? Looks like i'll be selling a cleveland 2009 driver now :unhappy:.

I have no way to go see what shaft or degree i need in my area Maybe this will help someone that might know from going to see what they need due to there yards . I hit my 7 iron 160-165+ .

If you are hitting a 7 iron 165 you are definitely going to need something better than those crappy cleveland stock shafts even if you had a stiff. More info would be helpful, and people much more knowledgeable than myself will be along to help as well.

What other info would you need i am willing to try anything guys.

165 is a good 7 iron, I would say I agree w/ the other poster, ur past stock shafts... what's ur ball flight, assuming you don't duck hook it into the next fairway :) do u hit hit high or low and penetrating?

That could dictate what you need.

Before you dump ur driver, if you like the launcher see if you could swap it for one with a shaft upgrade for a nominal charge?

A.

Well I started with a FT3 fus Nv stiff not sure what number. I hit that a ton My ball flight with the driver is high same with Irons . I never went lower than a 9* and i still hit high shots. My irons are Regular flex shafts Cleveland TT actionlite shafted irons, I hit a Draw with them, and some time's a slight push right. The G2 is a 10* prolaunch stiff shaft its all duckhooks or straight lefts. When i do hit it straight , It goes low and i lose distance .

The cleveland 9* stiff stock shaft goes straight 190 or so then just turns right ive never hit a ball like that before .

Well Ive hit other ft3 fus but the one i sold to a friend he dont have it anymore and the others dont seem to be the same.

I think it's highly unlikely that shaft stiffness would encourage you to pull shots, or dramatically slice them. Especially a "too soft" shaft.

I also think you may want to pace off your 7 iron. It's possible you hit it that far, but generally guys that hit it that far know what drivers they're playing. It's hard to accidentally hit a 7 iron 165 yards, and it seems like most of your golf is accidental.

But on the assumption you ARE hitting your 7 165 yards, consistently, you absolutely need at LEAST a stiff shaft. At least.

Dick's Sporting Goods has buy Nike 5900 driver for 199 get a free 3 wood. Some of the 5900 drivers have Aldila VS Proto 65-S (stiff) shafts, and Proforce V2 66g stiff shafts. Either of those would be better for you. I'd learn toward the VS.

Well iam not trying to be a ass here but Saying my golf is accidentalis pretty harsh... Yes i hit my irons far sorry, I have always hit them far my driver has always sucked . But saying me hitting a 7 iron 165 on accident isnt what i would expect from a Person On shottalks forum.

I will take a Video of me swinging my irons and driver and post them on youtube so you can see what iam talking about .

People that really know what they're doing generally know what equipment they're doing it with. I stand by what I said.

"Accidental" isn't an insult. Some people can just swing. I still have my doubts that you're one of them, but crazier things have happened.

Well I am not going to sit here and have to explain why my irons are the better part of my game. I am also not going to argue with someone becaues they cant beleave someone can do something without knowing every single thing about there equipment which is just stupid. I'll just take myself else where.

For the record, 165 with a 7 iron is by no means a "stiff" flex shaft. I play firm shafts and I hit my 7 iron about 160. I play with guys that hit their 7 irons well over 190 with stiff flex. It's all in the swing.

As for your original question, the ProLaunch Blue is a bit stouter shaft and profiles much differently that the absolute garbage that Clevelend tries to tout as a stock shaft. They are by far the worst OEM stock offering (next to the Exotics NV, but i digress...)

I would go and demo a bunch of drivers and find what types of shafts work for your particular swing. Without some background data and just a few comments on the net, you're going to get 65,000 opinions on what's best for your game.

Keep us posted on your findings. My guess is that you'll be surprised with that works if you have a wide variety of testers to choose from.

R35

Exactly as rock said, just because someone hits a 7 iron 165 that doesnt mean they automatically need a stiff shaft. I have fit guys who hit their 7 irons 140 into stiff shafts and guys who hit them 170 in regulars. Without seeing a swing and being able to analyze a players release, their tempo, length of swing, transition time, etc, you are completely guessing. So saying he needs a stiff and getting it right is more accidental than anything else I have read in this thread.

Well, a small update to everyone. The local pro was helping someone else i asked him a small question when he got done with the lesson, He came over and i hit a few shots with my irons he said my swing looked pretty damn good to him and what was i trying to work on I told him about my driver issues He set my shoulders and told me swing again well i bombed it down the middle 3 times in a row and said that will be 100 dollars and laughed. I told him about the stiff flex and reg flex he said a stiff would work for my swing speed but if i kept thinking in my head i got swing harder because its a stiff then i should just stay regular flex due to me trying to hard. He also told me i might wanna start thinking on getting irons with weight more towards the center of the face and not the bottom due to my shots going high and he said it would give me of a penatrating ball flight if there were wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520