• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cobra Pro MB review

Liquidon

Reaction score
Hey guys :) Thought I'd share my review of the new Cobra Pro MB forged irons.

My Titleist rep stopped by yesterday and brought w/ him a 6 and an 8 iron in the new Cobra blades for me to try. I took them out to the range for a test drive along w/ my current 6 & 8 iron. I first noticed they seem to set up just a hair upright (or at least that's how i felt). First couple swings were less than perfect...and the results showed. These babies are not forgiving at all! Talk about 1970s blades if you will. You got pure 'em to get the results. After about 4 swings, I settled in a nice groove. A very accurate iron these are (<- in the Yoda voice). I wasn't more than 5-8 feet offline of my target. Feel was a bit clicky and face seemed solid as a stone. I didn't feel like I was compressing the ball at all. Also, I did notice a 7-10 yard distance loss (my typical 6 iron ~ 180yds). Overall, a real players club. Don't think I'll be putting these in my bag anytime soon. If you rarely miss the absolute center of the clubface, these clubs are for you! :prop:

I can now see why most of the Cobra tour staff play the CB forged and not these.

Hey guys :) Thought I'd share my review of the new Cobra Pro MB forged irons.

My Titleist rep stopped by yesterday and brought w/ him a 6 and an 8 iron in the new Cobra blades for me to try. I took them out to the range for a test drive along w/ my current 6 & 8 iron. I first noticed they seem to set up just a hair upright (or at least that's how i felt). First couple swings were less than perfect...and the results showed. These babies are not forgiving at all! Talk about 1970s blades if you will. You got pure 'em to get the results. After about 4 swings, I settled in a nice groove. A very accurate iron these are (<- in the Yoda voice). I wasn't more than 5-8 feet offline of my target. Feel was a bit clicky and face seemed solid as a stone. I didn't feel like I was compressing the ball at all. Also, I did notice a 7-10 yard distance loss (my typical 6 iron ~ 180yds). Overall, a real players club. Don't think I'll be putting these in my bag anytime soon. If you rarely miss the absolute center of the clubface, these clubs are for you! :prop:

I can now see why most of the Cobra tour staff play the CB forged and not these.

I absolutely agree with you..i tried these out..and there very hard to pure..thats why im using the CB's..cuz there a lil more forgiving but still have jus as much workability as the MB's do

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520