• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

coming back from injuries... back injury to be exact..

to make things worse last night i had to fix my flat tire at work, shovel the driveway and now i just feel like $hit.

i'm calling my PCP tomorrow to set up an appt asap.

perhaps i did more damage than i thought.
i'm popping motrins like candy.

to make things worse last night i had to fix my flat tire at work, shovel the driveway and now i just feel like $hit.

i'm calling my PCP tomorrow to set up an appt asap.

perhaps i did more damage than i thought.
i'm popping motrins like candy.

If your stomach is up to it, you can do motrin (ibuprofin), acetomycin (Tylenol) and naproxen (Alleve) all at once. Trust me on this--I ski with an arthritic knee. A heating pad will help, too, followed by an ice pack.

it's also impossbile to OD on Tylenol. Many years ago when I had my broken neck & was in a halo brace for 3 months thats all the Dr's had me on for pain. I was buying the big bottles of 300 pills & they only lasted a few days. Literally I was taking 10+ at a time....course that may have led to the damn ulcers in my lower throat also.

Get back to your PCP, make sure you have not reinjured it. Then, you will need to develop good core fitness. Not only do you need to strengthen your back, but also your abs and all of your core stabilizers. I have scoliosis(sp?) and when mine gives me fits it is generally because I have gotten slack in both my stretching and keeping my core somewhat fit. Your abs are just as important as your back muscles are.

it's also impossbile to OD on Tylenol. Many years ago when I had my broken neck & was in a halo brace for 3 months thats all the Dr's had me on for pain. I was buying the big bottles of 300 pills & they only lasted a few days. Literally I was taking 10+ at a time....course that may have led to the damn ulcers in my lower throat also.

Be careful with that. Acetomycin can cause real liver problems. You wouldn't want to quit drinking, would you?

Be careful with that. Acetomycin can cause real liver problems. You wouldn't want to quit drinking, would you?

I actually drink very little, might get messed up 2-3 times a year. Other than that I will have 1 or 2 while golfing.

I actually drink very little, might get messed up 2-3 times a year. Other than that I will have 1 or 2 while golfing.

Wi-Golfer

Ah come on WG, you drink like a fish! We all know it!! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35