• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comparison between FT-3 & Burner....anyone?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone here swung both clubs & give me some idea of a comparison between the 2? I have used my 10.5º Burner with the NVS 65g regular flex all summer long. Just ordered up a 9.5º FT-3 tour with the same shaft except in a stiff flex.

I swung this club only with a regular shaft yesterday at Dicks & it felt great & I really liked the way it looked at address, but I really don't have a clue what to expect as far as ball flight. Hoping to keep the ball out of orbit because with my current setup I tend to really send the ball up higher than I like & it doesn't seem to make any difference on how high or low I tee it up.

I hit the burner sparingly last year. Hated it. Ugly paint.

The FT-3 is a very different head. With the composite construction, the sound it EXTREMELY muted. It feels like you're hitting the ball with a log. But, once you get past that, the ball hammers off the face. It's a strange sensation as you first hit the ball and kinda say to yourself "what the F was that", but the ball carries way down the fairway and you forget soon enough.

Will the FT-3 be better than the Burner? I can't say. But it's a great head, and matches well with the NVS.

R35

i completely agree with Rock. I really liked my FT-3, i had two, and wish i still had one. a ft-3 with a NT Comp in it would be money i think.

was not a fan of the burner at all. could get past the feel/sound of the ft-3, couldnt get past the feel of the burner personally.

I hit the Burner pretty well even though with the regular flex shaft I really can't feel exactly what the hell the head is doing. It appears as if I have more control over ball flight with the woods I currently have with stiff flex shafts. That's why I chose that flex even though I may not actually have the supposed swing speed to fully utilize it.

BTW, maybe I am an odd duck but I like the looks of the Burner.

The NVS is a super shaft in stiff flex. The regular in the Burner now might be too soft for you since the NVS stiff I had was on the reg/stiff borderline. One of the best shafts I've hit. :)

i have hit both and would take the burner i have over the FT-3. i like the nice sound you get from the burner and was never a fan of the FT-3 loud noise. as far as how they hit i hit them both pretty good but the shaft i have in the burner is way better for me then the NV65 i had in the FT-3. i don't see much performance difference in ether i just like the looks of the burner over the FT-3. its all in what you have confidence in IMO :)

liked the looks of ft-3 over the weird ass graphics on the burner.

but u think the burner is quieter than the ft-3?!? the ft-3 is the most muted 460cc driver out there i think. just like a pop sound, not like the loud thud ringing of all the other drivers today.

i just like that nice ring over the werid sound of the FT-3 IMO

Nothing can be worse than the sound of the Nike Sasquatch.

BTW, maybe I am an odd duck but I like the looks of the Burner.
Well if you are the odd duck I'm in the pond too. I love the look of the crown. I wish I would have enough money to even think about hitting one at the local shop.

The Burner TP was solid, and the FT-3 Tour was too, the regular versions of both were terrible imo.

neither could lay a hand on my Tour HiBore though....

YG, I would love to try your tour hibore, that thing must be amazing.

agree about the reg versions of each club. yuck.

if you're already accurate...then you prolly won't appreciate it...but if you could've seen how badly i drove the ball pre HiBore, and then compared to how i do with it.....difference is just night and day.

i have hit both and would take the burner i have over the FT-3. i like the nice sound you get from the burner and was never a fan of the FT-3 loud noise. as far as how they hit i hit them both pretty good but the shaft i have in the burner is way better for me then the NV65 i had in the FT-3. i don't see much performance difference in ether i just like the looks of the burner over the FT-3. its all in what you have confidence in IMO :)

Its difficult to imagine 2 shafts more opposite than the Creation and the NVS.

Its difficult to imagine 2 shafts more opposite than the Creation and the NVS.

I've had success with both. The NVS is not like the Prolaunch. It's more mid flight than high. It's nowhere near as stable as the Creation, however.

The NV is a POS, IMO.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35