• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Composite Drivers

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Whats are your opinions of Composite drivers liek the ERC fusion or the New Launcher 460 Comp?????

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hey! Look who finally made it here! :)

Welcome aboard Mal!

I have no opinion on these because I don't know anything about them......I am hoping they end up in the demo bag at my course though.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The ERC has a strange feel to it. I don't wanna say soap, or wood, more like the face feels like it caves in when you hit the ball. This coming from a guy that plays strictly Callaway drivers. Oddly enough, it feels somewhat terrible, but it sure goes straight and far.

Now, what's more important, straight and far, or feel?

I haven't hit anything but the ERC, so my knowledge on composites is limited. However, from my experience, i like them.

I'm not sure how much this helps. If you have specific questions, fire away.

The stick i hit, by the way, had the stock firm shaft in it. It was a 9* head. The shaft wasn't as stiff as I would have liked it, but it worked for the mostpart.

R35

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Thanks for the welcome so far this board seems pretty spiffy. Thanks to Buddhaa for the recemondation.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Buddha?

That guy's bad news. If I wasn't sleeping with his Fiance, he and I would never talk. :D

Jerkhole35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I really want to demo the 414 comp from Cobra. I got the SZ 3 wood over the holidays and have experienced good results so far.

I hit the driver a couple of times at the store into a net what for what that's worth. Good look and feel, (not too huge) but need to get it out on the course to be sure.

In the end I'll probably just keep my old TM 360 like I always do, but one of these days...

🔥 Latest posts