• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Did he really say that???

slickpitt

Reaction score
Watching Friday's coverage... Furyk hit somewhat of a bad tee shot... swung his club back hard and almost planted it into the ground... cuts away from him and it sounded like he yelled "F*&K!!" like REALLY loud. It seemed almost worthy of a Tiger temper tantrum. I've just never seen Furyk lose his cool before, always such a grinder. I was very shocked!

hehe. it's nice that we can share the feeling with the pro's. :)

This sort of debate rages on for all time, I'm sure, but I LIKE seeing the guys get mad. If they hit bad shots and just blew it off and went home to sip tea and eat expensive cheese, they'd be perpetuating the "elitist" stereotype that golf had for so long.

A little emotion, a little cursing, a little frustration is good to help the fans relate to the professional golfer. I mean, these guys make millions playing a game we all pay for, and suck at. It's nice to know we have at least ONE thing in common- we all feel like crap when we don't hit good shots.

Maybe some asshat will write an article telling him to grow up?:p

I was at an LPGA tournament years ago when a player in contention on the last day hit a duck hook tee shot deep into the woods. She yelled f*ck!!!! really loud and then she realized what she had said. She looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole and pull a divot over herself. She apologized to everyone standing around the tee.

I was at an LPGA tournament years ago when a player in contention on the last day hit a duck hook tee shot deep into the woods. She yelled f*ck!!!! really loud and then she realized what she had said. She looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole and pull a divot over herself. She apologized to everyone standing around the tee.

I understand that they pretty much have to keep Cristie Kerr on a 5 second delay during broadcasts.

Watching Friday's coverage... Furyk hit somewhat of a bad tee shot... swung his club back hard and almost planted it into the ground... cuts away from him and it sounded like he yelled "F*&K!!" like REALLY loud. It seemed almost worthy of a Tiger temper tantrum. I've just never seen Furyk lose his cool before, always such a grinder. I was very shocked!

Maybe he yelled "Furyk!", as being really mad at himself (benefit of the doubt response...yeah I know, that is reaching for it....)

Maybe he yelled "Furyk!", as being really mad at himself (benefit of the doubt response...yeah I know, that is reaching for it....)

LOL! Like that Seinfeld character who referred to himself in the third person.

"And Jimmy steps up to the teee! The crowd goes wild!"

"Jimmy hooks his tee shot! It's not looking good for Jimmy!"

:laugh:

I saw it too slickpitt. You are spot on. I was quite shocked because it was so loud and clear. The commentators just ignored it (like the giant elephant in the living room that it was).

I think I will start yelling FURYK IT after a bad shot!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520