• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Divots (rant)

Has anybody actually hit a golf ball with a baseball bat? The ball goes a lot further than it does with a driver.

See my post #4 in this thread. No way is anyone hitting a golfball further with a bat. Think about it for a bit, a decent drive is what 250 yds or so....thats 750', how far does a major leaguer hit a homerun, 300-450'?

See my post #4 in this thread. No way is anyone hitting a golfball further with a bat. Think about it for a bit, a decent drive is what 250 yds or so....thats 750', how far does a major leaguer hit a homerun, 300-450'?

They're hitting HR's with heavier, larger balls that aren't made to launch and carry. Toss a golf ball to a major league hitter and that thing would be in orbit.

A golf ball is an F-22 Raptor to a baseballs 747.

it wouldn;t be longer but I'm betting it would be closer than you guys are thinking.

I knew drivers are made to hit golf balls far, baseball bats are made to hit baseballs kinda far. Why doesn't someone try this. It wouldn't be that hard Average of 5 or 10.

I've done it, a baseball is so much heavier, and it doesn't compress. I'm telling you, I've done it myself...a golf ball is CRUSHED when hit with a baseball bat.

I take 2 divots. One on the practice, one on the actual hit.

Reason being, I don't feel like I have the consistency to know how much my legs should be bent, everytime. But I always make sure to replace both.

Once I gain that consistency, I will only take one, that's for sure.

PS: When you look like Paula Creamer.. you can do whatever you want. ;)

I hate posts like this but I was a pretty good baseball player. I sound like an a$$hole alraedy don't I? Anyway I had a short stint with the Brewers in rookie ball and we would play golf homerun derby with metal and wood bats. The furthest Ive seen a golf ball go off a wooden bat was probably at my best estimate around 500 FEET. That is about 166 yards.

As for divots Ive taken a few divots on par 3 tee boxes and hate doing it. Im not trying to make the exact swing. Im working on my tempo with my practice swings.

My bad, I was talking about an aluminum bat.

Yeah I understand that but honestly if you're tossing the ball in the air and connecting with it anything around 750 feet would be amazing. An ideal baseball swing you hit the ball in front of the plate for the most power. When soft tossing a golf ball if its you that is tossing it up the ball is more in on your hands. Id like to see the ball actually go that far.

Disclaimer: Im not saying you can't do it Id just like to see it.

I'll try it again soon, I can admit if I'm wrong about it...I just could have sworn about it.

Yeah you definitely don't get the power in your swing when you toss them up. You need a solid front leg............and this isn't anything about divots.

^^^ I watched a video where the guy bounced the ball of the concrete and hit it. Yeah I'm sorry EZ I shouldn't have hijacked his thread.

All rant threads are subject to being derailed by a different topic sometime in the thread :laugh:

I think divots with practice swings is totally unneccessary and very bad course etiquette. There is simply no need, you can take a perfectly good practice swing without taking one, its called lifting your spine angle by about 3 millimetres. Pros that don't are so fixated by their own self-importance and their minds are so fogged by the supposed need to replicate a routine they have lost all sense of reality.

And taking any practice swing ON A TEE is ridiculous, the offenders should be shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520