• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Driver swing, right elbow

Chas

Reaction score
Should the right elbow (right handed golfer) be close to the body with the driver swing as one might with an iron?

Should the right elbow (right handed golfer) be close to the body with the driver swing as one might with an iron?
Swing around your body (imagine an uphill lie) for me that's the difference between an iron and driver swing.

When I was in high school, my coach forced me to hold a head cover under my arm while I swung to keep it in tight. That was the worst year I ever had.

My elbow gets out there a bit. So what? It works for me.

When I was in high school, my coach forced me to hold a head cover under my arm while I swung to keep it in tight. That was the worst year I ever had.

Worked for Jack Nicklaus as well.

Yeah, I'm not a big proponent of a cookie cutter swing. As long as fundamentals are solid and you're able to get the club back square and have decent results, who cares how you get there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520