• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay'd some MP-32's

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is $369 delivered a pretty decent price for some used MP-32's? From what I could tell, it seems a good price. I imagine I'll break about even on a resell anyway. True?

I have wanted to try these bad boys since last summer when "everyone" was getting them. I did NOT want to pay $500-$600 for them however. I played MP-33's for 4 years and switched to the cavity-backed SE 600C's last year. I really liked them, but these 32's just look hot.

I should have no problem customizing them to my height/swing correct? I mean, they should be easily bent upright. Then if I need longer, I just need to put some plugs in the end?

They are standard length/lie/loft. I plan to check all those stats against the factory listing to make sure they are spot on before I start messing with them.

EDIT: Why is this post so damn wide????

Nice pickup.

I went with Mp-30s as of late. My Mp-33's were just too demanding son's-a-bitches. :D

I liked the idea of the cavity back, but I had a hard look at 32's. Even the 60's were calling my name. I just came accross a super deal on the 30's, had to have them.

Funny how Mizuno gets into your bloodstream and you can't shake it....

R35

Rockford35 said:
Nice pickup.

I went with Mp-30s as of late. My Mp-33's were just too demanding son's-a-bitches. :D

I liked the idea of the cavity back, but I had a hard look at 32's. Even the 60's were calling my name. I just came accross a super deal on the 30's, had to have them.

Funny how Mizuno gets into your bloodstream and you can't shake it....

R35

(Sorry a bit of a thread jack!!)
Hey Rock

You did a thread recently about pimping your 30s by stripping down the Mizuno brand paint. I obviously didn't read the thread properly. Last night (bored) I got some of the wife's nail polish remover (acetone) onto my Mizuno T Zoid 6 iron and starting working at it with a wire brush. It got most of the paint off but only with a lot of elbow muscle. What did you use again?

It looks cool, and I think I would comeplete the set. Apart from my 6 iron those babies still look very cool. The 6 iron is my practice club of choice. There is a spot about the size of a quarter worn into the chrome. Pity....any suggestions for that sucka as well?

Aug,

I apologize too...

IG,

I used acetone based finger nail polish, as you described. I let them (the heads) sit in the remover for 5-10 minutes and then gave them a go with a blunt screwdriver and a soft (SOFT!) wire brush. It came out like nobodies business.

The key is to let it sit. I've heard that using paint stripping gel works even better. I didn't have any on hand, so I tried this method and went on the learning curve. I found that if you let them sit longer, the paint just flakes away. The hardest areas are where it says "MP-30", just because it's such a tight fit for any instrument to get in there to pry it loose.

Good luck.

Aug, as a note, forged heads are easily bent for lie. No worries there. Are you super tall or something? Most guys think they need extensions when they really don't. Standard length is fine for the vast majority of players unless you're Randy Johnson or Joe Pesci. :D

R35

So you removed ALL the paint from your MP-30's? Why? Pics?

I know they chip a bit over time, because that's what my 33's did. A little here, a little there.

Maybe you're on to something removing the paint fully.

I'm 6'4" and dynamically custom-fit myself with a lie board and various 5-irons and wedges I have built/bent to different angles and lengths.

Since my SWING is always in flux, it's handy to have those things about to be able to adjust your clubs to your "new" swing.

I am planning on hitting up my parent's place in South Texas over Super Bowl weekend and playing with them then. Just by playing, and seeing where the ball is going, I'll most likely be able to tell what adjustments need to be made.

Tinker, practice, tinker, practice, play, tinker, practice, play, tinker, practice, tinker, practice, tinker, play. It's viscious.

Thanks for the replies.

Aug, can you please give me the complete rundown on your 600c's they are number one on my list to get but its hard finding reviews. did you put your own together? what shafts did you have in them? feel? workability? forgiveness? how they frame the ball? distance? accuracy? spin?

thanks

YG,

Uffda, that's a lot. LOL!

Yes I built the 600C's. I put in TTDG S300's. 1" long. I bent the head's 2* upright. Soft as butter. It wasn't really "bending". It was more, I "moved" the heads to 2* upright. :)

I got them because I liked the MP-30's so much and wanted to try my hand at building clubs. Just to know I could do it. They are a really nice club.

Now, I was coming from 4 years on Mizuno MP-33's. As Slingblade mentioned about his 600XC's, these irons seemed a bit "shorter" distance-wise. I think SE may make them out of a softer metal than Mizuno does. I noticed a drop in distance also, but to be fair, my swing was in flux for about 3/4 of the year. So it wasn't a same swing comparison.

Because I was so worried about the lost distance, I brought my 33's to the range. On that day, I hit iron for iron the same distance. So, the jury is still out on distance loss. Sling couldn't take it and chucked his. I just chalked it up to a year older/fatter/swing changes.

The 600C's are forgiving for sure. I didn't really notice much loss on toe shots. Even less loss on heel shots. I spun the ball really well this year, but I can't attribute that to just the clubs as that is one of the things I was working on in my swing changes. Better contact. Center contact. Delofted clubface at impact, etc. etc. All things that put more spin on the ball. But the 600C's will spin it.

I suppose the workability of the 600c's is a little less than my 33's, as they should be. Straighter. Much, much straighter. Can you hook it? Yes. Slice? Yes. But I bought the cavity backs for straighter shots, and that's exactly what I got. They are very forgiving, but yeah, you can work it with them.

The feel is excellent, as far as I could tell, and they are very pretty at address with a nice thin topline. Not as thin as the 33's, but thin enough.

I really liked the 600c's. So why did I get the 32's? A ho is a ho. :) I had fully intended to give the 600c's a second full season, especially without the constant swing tinkering. I am going to give them EVERY chance to get back into my bag, as I can always sell the 32's for what I paid for them.

Really though, I do like them a lot. They are very nice. The only thing I can caution you about getting them is you may lose distance. About 1 club I would guess. Your mileage may vary.

I hope that helped. In the spring I hope to compare/contrast my 600c's vs the 32's and 33's. Just grab that laser range finder and find out if really, club for club, they are shorter on average. That is really my only knock on them. Mainly because I was short to every green for about a month. Once I started taking a club more, I was dead on. Then my swing changes finally took hold, and that extra club was hitting it over the green.

So by September, I was all F'd up. I was hitting the ball so good. I'd just pure it, and I'd be saying, "Go in the hole" and it'd disappeard into the bushes behind the green. Pffffffffft. So then later on I'd take a club less and just pure it right at the stick and I'd be saying, that should be dead-on, while I was thinking "don't be long again" and I'd end up short of the green.

It wasn't all the clubs' fault, of course, but how else is a ho going to cure things? Buy new clubs.:miz:

Rockford35 said:
Aug,

Here's the original link. If you want more pics, let me know.

http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3063

R35

OK, so I had some paint stripper gel in the shed and gave the 4 iron a go last night. Got a watchmakers screwdriver and managed to "weak out" the paint a treat. Rock, you're right, need to leave it 10 mins. It came out very well. I'll get the rest pimped out before the weeked.

Kinda funny. I have the MacG 675s just looking at me all doe eyed, but the Zunos keep me coming back. The T Zoids are such a nice set of irons, and they have the Rifles in them. It's still too early to get a proper comparison of them both and it's been 3 weeks since I hit a ball, so it will have to wait until 2006 before I can decide.

thanks aug, good rundown, exactly what i wanted to hear. i'm not worried about distances, i lost maybe 2 clubs with my TA1's compared to my supersteels, so i know how it feels. but there are definitely 600c's in my future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301