• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Epoxy removal...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
So I bought a set of Rifles that I intend to install in my HOgan's. I have pulled the shafts and thought I had cleaned out most of the epoxy. Tonight when the shafts arrived I did a dry fit and some of the shafts did not go in all the way.

So now I must remove a little bit of dried hardened epoxy from the hosels, there is not much but enough to make it tedious. Is there a better way than a wire brush? WOuld it help to soak the heads in something? I am just looking for ideas here....Thanks!

Wirebrush is the fastest way I know of. If it was on the shaft, I have used a belt sander in the past, but in the hosel a wire brush should take care of it.

I turn the hosel upside down and direct heat into the chamber. Then ,by hand, use a drill bit to scrap the inside of the hosel.
Good luck

I turn the hosel upside down and direct heat into the chamber. Then ,by hand, use a drill bit to scrap the inside of the hosel.
Good luck

That's what I do as well. Hold it over the flame then scrape and file, followed by sandpaper wrapped around the circular file. Takes 3-5 minutes on a crusty one to get clean bare metal. Only problem I ever had was losing a hosel plug into a driver head.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520