• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ever had one of those really good, really bad days?

niblick

Reaction score
I did something today that I wish I could do more often. Got up at 6, called work to let them know I'd be taking a personal day, and headed for the course. Lots of good and lots of bad to take away, and I figured I'd put it all down here and see what you fellas think.

Good: Played alone with no one in front of me, took my time and finished in 3 hours flat. Hit 7/14 fairways. Chipped to an inch on a par 3 for a par save. After hooking a tee shot out of bounds, hit my third 20 yards short of the green on a 315 yard par 4. Enjoyed the hell out of the round.

Bad: It rained the whole time - not a bad thing by itself, but the really soft conditions made things tough at times. 35 putts. Yikes. Made an 8 on a par 5 after duffing my second shot into a huge fairway bunker and taking 3 to get out. The 7 fairways missed included 4 balls hooked left of left out of bounds.

Shot 97. Given the weather, not terrible for me, but came away with lots to work on. Fairway bunker shots and putting in particular. Trying to set up with a little spine tilt to the right with driver, which seems to promote a sweet fade.

Good times. :)

Its the weekend, this place is only busy during the week. But at least you enjoyed yourself and it sounds like you did enough good things to bring you back.

yeah i know what you mean. i played the other day and it was not good at all but i putted good. no three putts at all just took my sweet time getting to the green. but I've changed a lot of equipment and i need to adjust to them. it was also the first time I'd played since before Xmas so i had some rust :)

I swung my short practice club in the entrance way a couple of times. If it was warm, I'd love to golf in the rain right now. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,301