• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fairway and Hybrid Combo

hypergolf

Reaction score
I am trying to get a fairway wood and hybrid that are of the same brand to keep it consistant. Would you go for

1. Speed Pro Fairway 13* and Cobra Baffler Pro 18* combo
2. 906F2 13* and 585.H 17* combo
3. r7 TP TS and Rescue TP 2007 17* combo
4. Callaway X Tour 13* and X Hybrid 18* combo

I can't test them out before I buy so please don't say go try them out to see which I like best.

Oh also. Callaway X Hybrid is advertised as square faced but I think they are 1 or 2 degrees closed... Is something wrong with my eyes or are they really closed? Thanks.

I say go with option 5: Sonartec SS 2.5 13/14* and a Md 17/19*. Sonartec makes some outstanding stuff and there are some great deals out there on these. I would suggest a Bridgestone combination but I see that you want a strong 3W and they only offer a 15*.

If I had to stay with your list then I'd go with the TM combo. You can't go wrong with TM when it comes to woods.

I say go with option 5: Sonartec SS 2.5 13/14* and a Md 17/19*. Sonartec makes some outstanding stuff and there are some great deals out there on these. I would suggest a Bridgestone combination but I see that you want a strong 3W and they only offer a 15*.

If I had to stay with your list then I'd go with the TM combo. You can't go wrong with TM when it comes to woods.

Agreed with the option for SOnartec, I got a SS 2.5 with the stock Fuji tour platform and am really happy with it. I thought the shaft would be a little to soft for me, but it is really a good shaft for a stock. Plus I really like the look and setup (which is nice and square) of the Sonartec behind the ball. Its a good club that you can find on ebay for a pretty good price, I got mine brand new for $65 shipped...

Agreed with the option for SOnartec, I got a SS 2.5 with the stock Fuji tour platform and am really happy with it. I thought the shaft would be a little to soft for me, but it is really a good shaft for a stock. Plus I really like the look and setup (which is nice and square) of the Sonartec behind the ball. Its a good club that you can find on ebay for a pretty good price, I got mine brand new for $65 shipped...

I agree that the shaft feels a little soft. With the new GS model out the SS line can be found for a song!

Hyper, another plus with the SS line is that you have two different heads to choose from; 2.5 if you prefer a shallower profile and the 3.5 if you prefer something a little deeper.

The Mds also play more like an iron than a fairway wood. Just about all the hybrids you listed are more wood like in design and playability so that is something else to keep in mind.

If you are a low handicap and forgiveness isn't a concern, I'd recommend the bridgestone, if you want forgiveness go Cally.

id recommend the sonartec's as well... they have the most underrated woods...

sonartec doesnt pay pros to use their woods, but dowens still use them.. id go with the ss 2.5(maybe the np 99, but ive never hit it, youd have to ask somebody who has) and then a nice md transition hybrid...

I have not hit the Sonartecs but have heard nothing but good things. I own a 906F2 15* and hit the 585H over the weekend. Both are great clubs. The feel, at least to me, is outstanding and I love the sound. The 906 is quite long, too. But for the price, I'm sure Sonartec will deliver very similar performance for a much reduced cost.

The sonartecs are a very demanding club. If you arent a good ball striker or currently struggle with your woods, then I would avoid the sonartecs. They are a great club, just made for better players.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520