• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FAKE Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl Wedges

bames during the auction where did this guy say he was from? On the auction discription that is.

As soon as the auction ended he "went private" I can no longer find any information oh him, but if my memory serves me correctly he was from Georgia - hey DouginGA, it isn't you is it :D ?!
Anyway, when I mentioned his proposed location to Cleveland they already thought they knew who he was, so this slug must be good at this.

If it's Doug I say we all go down there and force him to give us free rounds or else we turn him in.(In which case, we turn him in afterwords).

IMO someone needs to draught a "How to avoid being ripped off on ebay" sticky - and post it on the homepage too.

Lots too many people getting caught out, when there are precuations that can be taken / things to watch out for. Not that it's EVER a 100% certainty that you won't get burnt.

Fake Items

My question, how do the items play, can you tell the difference, are they worth the cheap price you pay. If you pay $200 for a driver that cost $499 can you tell the difference. If you pay $200 for a driver that cost $499 than you know something is amith. Unless you are a 1 handed cap can you really tell the difference??? If you are trying to buy anything on ebay your are looking for a bargan. If you get something cheap and are happy you know, what you have just bought!!!!!

10 hc
texas

My question, how do the items play, can you tell the difference, are they worth the cheap price you pay. If you pay $200 for a driver that cost $499 can you tell the difference. If you pay $200 for a driver that cost $499 than you know something is amith. Unless you are a 1 handed cap can you really tell the difference??? If you are trying to buy anything on ebay your are looking for a bargan. If you get something cheap and are happy you know, what you have just bought!!!!!

10 hc
texas

I could tell the difference... when the head caved in on the 2nd shot.

On Ebay...your best bet is to Stick to second hand stuff.... If it's too good to be true it probably is. Don't Buy TM stuff unless you are 100% sure of the sellers feedback history. If he has lots of feedback for the same model don't touch him with a bargepole!!! check sellers other items...if he has multi listings for the same driver, wedges, irons, etc, ask yourself why he has so many of the said item and how can he sell them for less than the trade price? I nearly bought a driver from this seller, he maybe legit but something tells me to stay clear, it seems strange that TM USA would sell demo surplus heads only??? eBay Seller: ajcgolfproducts: Sporting Goods, Musical Instruments items on eBay.co.uk

For the record I find TaylorMade to be the most copied brand on Ebay & strangely enough they are followed by Cleveland, I've had a Fake HiBore Hybrid and Driver and I've always been suspect of the Wedge sets.

I have done 550+ deals on Ebay and maybe come across 5-10 fake clubs. Ebay is the best place to Buy and sell your golf gear...don't be scared off and pay too much from the retailers who give you crappy trade in prices, Just be careful and Ebay is great. However, If you want the latest greatest gear or are a TM fan then pick them up from your Pro Shop.

Agreed.. I've bought 1 large OEM club off eBay, and it was a Tour Burner. Guy had 100% feedback, and over 1800 too. Sold alot of different stuff.. The box was straight from Taylormade, Taylormade plastic bag, headcover plastic bag was the same, same UPC numbers in the same area of the bag. Everything checked out to me, holding my other Burner up to it.

Serial numbers matched out with TM for the exact specs. I got lucky, and got a decent deal for the time.

Other than that, I don't do eBay for large club purchases. I buy local, mainly because they will bend and do what I want for free if I buy there, as well as take the club back after I've used it for 30 days and give me all my $$ back no questions. It keeps me shopping there.

Callaway, I think, is the hottest name for fake clubs, followed by Taylormade, Cleveland, and then Titleist, and Scotty Cameron putters.

I have purchased many individual clubs from established dealers on Ebay on many occasions without any problems. If you learn how it is very secure. I usually pay from one third to one half retail.

I could tell the difference... when the head caved in on the 2nd shot.
Or when the head flies off on first impact, or when your to resale them and your moral compass tells you that you are not a scoundrel like the original seller and any perspective buyers rub two nickels together and say that is what your $210 investment is really worth.

Further, what kind of questions are those in relation to this anyways, and in digging up a two year old thread to do so. You pay for a product that is fake when was advertised as original, who gives a crap how they play when you know had you wanted fake clubs you could have bought them for pennies on the dollar had you really wanted fake clubs.

If you go to a steak joint and pay $30 for a T-Bone, and they bring you a bone with Hamburger wrapped around it, why would you complain, it's still beef. I wouldn't be able to tell you how the clubs played because they would never make it to my bag, just like if I have my heart set on T-bone, pay the market value for advertised T-Bone, I wouldn't be eating the burger. Although I would consider using the bone to impale in the owners forehead. If the guy is a deceptive crook, it really makes no difference how the clubs play, unless of course you have no moral principles and don't understand the difference. In which case you would then just be an idiot for having no problem paying fair market value of Clevelands when they are in turn fake.

My 2 FW's and Driver are certain worth the bargain price I paid, and know them to be authentic. I find it hard to believe I would even be able to play the clubs well knowing they were a constant reminder I had been taken every time I reached for one if they were fake, and would likely go back to my older ones that I could have continued to play at zero cost.

There are huge FACTORIES in China doing nothing but making fake golf clubs. And where do they sell them? Usually E-Bay. :(

damn- they copied the latest thing and a low key wedge at that. GUYS- i am not really that surprised here- i get a lot of clubs sent to me from ebay buyers for reshafts etc.. and too much it is fake.. buy from a dealer if you can..

10 hc
texas

Wow - I suprised to find this resurrected. I never even hit one ball with them. I sent them to the OEM. I don't know how they would have played, but I can tell you that the first sign was that the 60* shaft was longer than the 52* and 56* and the steps in the shafts didn't make sense - they were all out of wack. I've purchased about 45 items since then (on ebay anyway - we won't mention how many more from forums) and have not had another incident since then. I've learned valuable lessons and just consider what I paid to be "stupid tax". Even if they played fine, it wasn't a "smokin deal" and I would not have kept them based upon the principle of the whole deal. I was ripped off and fell for a trick. Don't really want a reminder of that everytime I hit a wedge.

90 transactions and not 1 burn. I know it's probably coming,but as somebody stated, you have to know what your looking for and I normally stick to used and Power Sellers. Ask questions. I've also bought NEW drivers for under $200, if not WTF is the use of Ebay. No way would I spend that kind of money for Cleveland wedges on Ebay when I can get them for that at a retail shop.

I always read feedback people have left and really look at the items they've sold. If I get even a hint of something dishonest I'm gone!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520