• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fed Ex 2008 Challenge.

Sneaky Long

Better Lucky Than Good!
Reaction score
I did a sectional qualifier for the Fedex Challenge 2008. I placed 4th out of 150 people 6 weeks ago with a 78.

That qualified me for a divisional, which I played in today. It was at the TPC Craigs Ranch, awesome course, extremally long (7438 yards) and tough.

I entered in the 1st flight below the championship flight with my 9.4 hdcp. I played against the top 150 players from Dallas, east to the Carolinas.

I shot 40, 40. for an 80. That go me 3rd place. Individual stroke play. 2nd place would have got me a trip to Pebble Beach courtesy of Fedex in November for the National qualifier. Top 2 places from there go to Hawaii. For the Play off, 150,000. in prize money.

Of course I didn't get there. I missed second by 2 strokes. I feel like Greg Norman.

It was fun, set up like a PGA event. We had a tour official in our group. No foot wedges, 14 club limit.

I'm disappointed with the round. I had 1 double bogey and lipped out 3 birdies, making one.

That's golf.

The picture is of me with my 3rd place trophy. I got a 250.00 AMEX gift card as well.
DSCN2683.jpg

3rd place is still damn good. Lot's of pressure when it actually counts & although you may not have gotten exactly what you wanted, it's still something to be very proud of.

Wow! Huge congrats!

Very nice man, nothing to hang your head about for sure. You really should be proud.

Although first or second would have been nice, third is still damn good, and much better than many golfers will ever do in any tournament. Congratulations.

Anyone who has a lava lamp, and a "Screw you - mine's RED!" Masters towel, is OK by me.

Great playing - congrats!

Anyone who has a lava lamp, and a "Screw you - mine's RED!" Masters towel, is OK by me.

Great playing - congrats!

LOL......

You obviously know how hard the RED Masters stuff is to get.

As for the lava lamp. Well......it takes me back you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520