• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally.

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
After about 5 range sessions of hitting nothing but 150 yard hooks with my driver, i figured it out today. After 5 range sessions of trying to mess with my swing plane, i figured it out. All i had to do was tuck in my right arm. Now that i remember to tuck in my right arm on the downswing, BOOM! 260-270 yarders up the middle.

Now if i could learn to hit anything less than a 7 iron...

You mean like, 8-SW(LW)?

How confusing.

Good to hear the long game is good though.

no i mean like 6-3 iron.

Ive given up on my 3 and 4 irons as i never need them anyway. I have a 22 deg CPR for that. But im not as consistent as id like to be with my 5 or 6 iron. It seems i can hit my 7 iron farther than my 5 and 6 irons cuz i get it nice and high and it carries.

Eh, most people really can't hit a 5 or 6 iron. It either takes A) A pretty good swing, or B) A pretty fast swing.

I'd say replace with em with hybrids, tbh

yeah, but im picky with hybrids. Some of them just look plain weird at address and i can't hit anything that looks weird at address.

yeah, but im picky with hybrids. Some of them just look plain weird at address and i can't hit anything that looks weird at address.

Then don't come by my house. HAHA! GET IT!? WEIRD...AT ADDRESS! Gold man, gold.

Anyway, yeah, it's tough to find a good hybrid I've found. Probably, to me, the most specialized club per person.

Keep working on the irons. They're a little longer than your 7, so you need a slightly more horizontal swing plane. The divots, if you take any, should be smaller because of this. You still want a descending blow, but it shouldn't be as severe. 5 and 6 irons aren't tough. 3 and 4 justify hybrids I think, but I've never worried about 5/6

You'll get it. I had the same problem a few weeks back when I was "getting connected". Then, bingo, it clicked with the hybrid, 5 and 6. Hit the hybrid to 12 ft. from over 200 out the rough to win over my boss. Then hit the friggen flagstick from 189 with a 6iron on a par 3 a few days later.

Another tip I got from Golf Magazine was to not get too close to the ball. I now leave a full hand with fingers spread between my body and the butt of the club. Much better results. Get inside, inside and the ball flies off an easy swing longer and more accurated than swinging out your shoes.

Thanks for the tips!

Everytime i try and back off and not stand so closely, i tend to thin the ball. Guess i just have to work at it.

Try something similar, like hand, fist whatever. I'm finding more consitancy by simply keeping that space a constant club to club.

Is it a problem if im like, practically over the ball with a 56? Maybe im a bit too close with that and it throws off the rest of my irons. Im not that close, i guess it just seems like it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?