• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First birdie in as long as I can remember...

tailStrike

Reaction score
I guess I'm not doing everything wrong. I was able to squeak out a birdie on a par 5 today. Otherwise a horrible 9 hole round overall (shot a 57, but an honest 57 - no unpenalized drops or provisionals). Other notables were a-2 putt for par on an uphill dog legged par 4 and a bogey after a nasty down hill chip onto a downhill sloping green on a par 3.

All other holes involved water, woods, thick rough, and scores that were of some integer multiple of par. Pretty much mistakes that were made due to more range practice than playing.

I'm told by the better half that I can't buy the new irons I want until I can shoot in the 80s. I've got quite a way to go.

I guess I'm not doing everything wrong. I was able to squeak out a birdie on a par 5 today. Otherwise a horrible 9 hole round overall (shot a 57, but an honest 57 - no unpenalized drops or provisionals). Other notables were a-2 putt for par on an uphill dog legged par 4 and a bogey after a nasty down hill chip onto a downhill sloping green on a par 3.

All other holes involved water, woods, thick rough, and scores that were of some integer multiple of par. Pretty much mistakes that were made due to more range practice than playing.

I'm told by the better half that I can't buy the new irons I want until I can shoot in the 80s. I've got quite a way to go.

Congrats on the birdie, and good luck on sweet talking her into the new irons. :D

Shooting 80 for new clubs is as easy as grabbing a pencil and another score card.:laugh:

Shooting 80 for new clubs is as easy as grabbing a pencil and another score card.:laugh:

This guy has marriage experience :)

I think that is a fair bar to set. But you may want to debate a little...

Maybe look into some pre-owned clubs on the cheap, and suggest that shooting in the 80's would be a lot easier with the new sticks? Then remind her that even once you were shooting lower scores, you wouldn't need a new set of irons, again.

Then tell her that she's real purty, and that she's nothing like her mother.

Hehe. I like the way you guys think. I have another expensive toy for sale on ebay that should cover the cost of the clubs should I decide to pic up a set. I'm keeping my eye on a few '07 models. There's a demo day at a local club this saturday, so we'll see how much better the nicer clubs feel against the trusty ol' Ram FX set.

I'd like to go with a set of player's clubs that I could "grow into", but I'll see if that's practical after actually hitting a few balls at the demo. Those 755's sure are pretty.

I'm told by the better half that I can't buy the new irons I want until I can shoot in the 80s. I've got quite a man.

Good job there ! I like birdies too, lol.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520