• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

• I may break the images on the site including avatars, Please give me a hour or less I am trying to get all images hosted off server. If it looks broke that because I am working on it.

Floyd County and Virginia Tech Grad Amanda Hollandsworth Tees Off in 2019 U.S. Women's Open

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Reaction score
HERE'S A HEARTWARMING STORY from my neck of the woods.

Amanda Hollandworth hails from tiny Floyd, Virginia, where she and her older sister Jessica grew up playing golf, dominating the region and state during their high school days. They went on to play at Virginia Tech (Amanda) and Maryland (Jessica).

Now Amanda is playing in her first U.S. Women's Open at the Country Club of Charleston. Jessica, the women's golf coach at James Madison University, is Amanda's caddie this week.

"Amanda Hollandsworth is living proof that even if you're from a small town, your dreams can be as big as you dare," said NBC affiliate WSLS Roanoke.

"I just got goosebumps in 100 degree weather," Amanda said, "just thinking about how much support I have behind me. And if, for some reason, this doesn't work out the way it supposed to, I know I'm still going to have that support. It's not golf that defines who I am to the community."

Source: Floyd County and Virginia Tech Grad Amanda Hollandsworth Tees Off in 2019 U.S. Women's Open

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420