• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Get me off ebay

Bravo

Reaction score
One thing I have never bought on ebay is clothes. I usually buy clothes twice a year - in January and July during the big sales.

Somehow, I started looking at golf shirts on ebay last week. I like the name brands like Callaway, Ashworth etc but hate to pay $60 for a shirt. I am a cheapskate by heart.

It is pretty apparent that you can buy $60-70 shirts on ebay for around $20 - $25 including shipping. Shorts too.

I need to throttle back here. I have bought:

1) 3 Nike Swoosh hats for $20.50 including shipping.

2) One LaCoste cream golf shirt for $20.71

3) One pair Greg Norman microfiber shorts: $21.31

I am bidding on more and need to lose a couple here before I break the bank...

I thought it was suppose to be the wife with the "but look how much I saved" line when the credit card bills come in.

You gonna be in big trouble mista. :p

DaveE said:
I thought it was suppose to be the wife with the "but look how much I saved" line when the credit card bills come in.

You gonna be in big trouble mista. :p

And since my post add one Ashworth XL yellow and blue striped shirt "New with Tags" - for $25.45...

So there.

At some point this year I will be off to the outlet mall in San Marcos for my annual clothes outing with my wife and probably my oldest daughter. I hate clothes shopping so they both go with me to make sure I buy clothes instead of ending up in the golf store.

You may be on to something buying them on ebay. No lines, no rude sales people, maybe I'll take a look.

Look at these deals...here's 2 Callaway shirts for about $50 including shipping...$25 per shirt.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8303062481

These are quality. I have one like these that is two years old and have worn the hell out of it.

I know Rock doesn't wear Callaway anymore though...I'll bet he's got a Riceburner shirt now...:)

This is the worst thread that could have ever happened to me. I'm already spending boatloads of cash on HT stuff...now I'm being baited into buying Lacoste golf sandals for $15.27.

I have 4 Callaway shirts and a jacket. I bought 2 of the 4 on E-bay and the jacket was a steal at 22 bucks. In fact, it's right here in my office right now.......it's sweet.....navy blue.....nice zippers....oh man.....oh man....

Uh, it's nice. :)

R35

PS>....riceburner?....WTF?

rockford35 said:
I have 4 Callaway shirts and a jacket. I bought 2 of the 4 on E-bay and the jacket was a steal at 22 bucks. In fact, it's right here in my office right now.......it's sweet.....navy blue.....nice zippers....oh man.....oh man....

Uh, it's nice. :)

R35

PS>....riceburner?....WTF?

You need new jacket that reflect Land of the Rising Sun...

Hey, if it's free, i'm in.

Maybe a Shot Talk jacket.

That'd be cool. Any of those on E-bay? ;)

R35

Geez Bravo, those are all last years models. How passe.

If you see a pair of black pants with red, green, purple, and orange polka dots out there...let me know. ;)

~QQ

When you look up the definition of passe' in the dictionary - there's my picture.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520