• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting irons reshafted

Ah I see. Thank ya. I always like to further my understanding of clubmaking. I was under the assumption that they did butt-trim the shafts to fit them into a whole set. But they do it from the tip eh? So that a 9i shaft in a set is stiffer than a 5i?

I guess it depends who puts them together - I suppose someone cut butt trim - but the set would be a mess if they were parallel shafts - the heads get heavier as the clubs get shorter too - so, the additional tip trim the the shorter clubs, along with the heavier heads that make the shaft play more flexible equal out to a more consistent flex throughout the set. to really match them, you need a professional

(taper tip shafts which are only trimmed from the butt, but they are made in varying lengths - the factory does the tip trim for you)

a 9i shaft in a set is stiffer than a 5i shaft from that set because its got (the 9) a shorter tip section and the tip is the most flexible part of the shaft

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520