• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf books

Loop

Reaction score
Went to a bookstore yesterday that only sells used books or discounted books. You can really find great deals in there. Anyways, I was browsing along and there were some golf books. I bought two that I found really interesting.

Little red book, from Harvey Pennick (bought for 7$ Can). Most of you probably knows the guy, and he's giving very good advices and has a nice teaching philosophy.

Pro's Edge (7$ can too). It's a book on vision training. Already finished reading the book (I'm a fast reader, but the book isn't too long), it gives great insight on how to better use your eyes for alignment, distance, putting..... I always had problems with aligning myself on putts, but I'm starting to "see" it :p.
Anyways, if you guys come across this book, I really recommend it. If some of you are interested, I'll try to make some kind of summary.

Anyone read interesting golf books?

Loop said:
Went to a bookstore yesterday that only sells used books or discounted books. You can really find great deals in there. Anyways, I was browsing along and there were some golf books. I bought two that I found really interesting.

Little red book, from Harvey Pennick (bought for 7$ Can). Most of you probably knows the guy, and he's giving very good advices and has a nice teaching philosophy.

Pro's Edge (7$ can too). It's a book on vision training. Already finished reading the book (I'm a fast reader, but the book isn't too long), it gives great insight on how to better use your eyes for alignment, distance, putting..... I always had problems with aligning myself on putts, but I'm starting to "see" it :p.
Anyways, if you guys come across this book, I really recommend it. If some of you are interested, I'll try to make some kind of summary.

Anyone read interesting golf books?

Wife bought me the little red book for Xmas, haven't read it yet. Buy Who's your caddy? It's awesome!

I just started reading Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible, which I have in pdf format on my computer..seems good so far, but haven't gotten too far into it.

Harvey Penicks "Little Red Book" - BEST GOLF BOOK EVAR!!!!

Yes, both the Red and Blue books by Penick are outstanding if you want to increase the game between your ears.

He really makes the game simple, which is what should happen. And these books demonstrate that better than anything I've read to date.

Give them a go, well worth the read.

R35

igneous, I'd love to take a look at that pdf if you can pass it along, I couldn't justify buying the Bible when it got subpar reviews on Amazon, but wanted to see what the fuss is all about

Probably the best golf book I have read is "Search for the Perfect Swing" by Alastair Cochran and John Stobbs.

This was recommended to me by a troll on golfreview.com about 4 years ago. Forgot his handle. Great book. Highly recommended. Do a search.

rockford35 said:
Yes, both the Red and Blue books by Penick are outstanding if you want to increase the game between your ears.

He really makes the game simple, which is what should happen. And these books demonstrate that better than anything I've read to date.

Give them a go, well worth the read.

R35

Rock - have you read who's your caddy? It is a MUST read... funny as hell

Yes, the little red book is my favorite golf book.

Who's Your Caddy? is really funny. It get a little slow at the end but you learn stuff about tour pros you could ever think of. Like David Duval, Donald Trump, and John Daly. His is the best. It is really a quick read too.

Get the 5 lessons book by Hogan.

Another great book is "A Good Walk Spoiled" by John Feinstein. Excellent story about the trials and tribulations of getting through Q-School.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520