• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Good Deals on Balls - Advice

I tried some Bridgestones today, hated them. They compress way too much on my drivers clubface.

I got a box of the Slazenger Money balls to play last winter and was amazed how nicely the played. Felt nicer than the Noodles I'd been playing with before then, and even slightly better than the Titleist NXTs I had. If you can get over the gimmicky logo on them, they're well worth a try.

Cybr,

I am apparently one of a very small group who has anything [good or otherwise] to say about the Maxfli Rev Solids, but I've used 4 dozen in the last year or so, and they're pretty decent! At times, I've believed they are as long as any ball on the market, and I've also shot some good scores with them, so apparently the accuracy isn't bad, either. I am an average to short hitter with 230-yard drives, so I tend to put length ahead of accuracy as a criterion. But at the same time, my good rounds are close to par (72-75), so if I've had good rounds with the Solids, they fly straight, go high, and are decently controllable. Since they're as cheap as anything and also hold up well, what the hey? -- JC

Maxfli Revolution Tours are still 15.99 (orig. 39.99) at some places. I just bought 4 dozens at the local Sports Authority.

I got a box of the Slazenger Money balls to play last winter and was amazed how nicely the played. Felt nicer than the Noodles I'd been playing with before then, and even slightly better than the Titleist NXTs I had. If you can get over the gimmicky logo on them, they're well worth a try.

Those are on clearance right now at Academy, 7 bucks a box.

Maxfli Revolution Tours are still 15.99 (orig. 39.99) at some places. I just bought 4 dozens at the local Sports Authority.
When did you buy them? They had them at Sports Authority for $12 a couple months ago, I went back 3 weeks ago and they were up to $30. Did they go back on sale? I may have to make another trip, I love that ball.

FYI, for those who mentioned, I picked up the Noodles at Target for my wife, on sale for $15 for 15 today. It seemed cheaper than I have seen for a while.

I got some Strata Tours today, 2 dollars a sleeve. Now I have 6 new sleeves of balls, :)

I play ProV1 or B330 S. I got 4 dozen of each about 4 months ago on Ebay and still have a lot left. I usually throw them away more than I lose them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520