• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Got my tickets for The Irish Open

more pics
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG

And more again...
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0183.jpg

What a golfing experience we were treated to this week at the Irish Open. Despite the best efforts of the weather. 130K people attended over the 5 days (including the pro-am). We went on Saturday and Sunday and had a blast, I took my two older boys and they both enjoyed the experience. Saw some fantastic shots, met a few friends, ate some food, drank some beer, got a little wet, all in the ingredients for a fantastic two days of golf.

Harrington couldn't buy a putt all week, pity as there was huge home support rooting for him, but Donaldson was a worthy winner. He played great all week and the putts didi fall for him. That was his 255th tourney as a pro and this was his first win, so everyone was happy in the end.

Next stop? The Open. Portrush is now going to be making a huge play to host this event. Earliest opportunity is 2018, which seems like a lifetime away, but they now have a credible case. So fingers crossed, it would be immense to have The Open played in my back yard!

And finally..

Pic 1 - IG and his lads at the prize giving ceremony
Pic 2 - G-Mac forever in the history of Portrush, Hero status!
Pic 3 - Keegan Bradley, missed the cut but very popular with the crowds.
Pic 4 - Rory, we were about 10 yards away from him hitting shots on the range. Very cool to watch.
Golf 1.jpg
Golf 2.jpg
golf 3.jpg
golf 4.jpg

It looked a very pretty links course IG. IMO far more attractive looking than some of the Open Championship course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520