• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GPS is disappointing.....

Yeah but you swing funny... :D The G10 is low spin and certainly doesn't spin more then the G2 IMHO. Take one out on the course and tell me this after you see how much roll you get. Launch monitors suck. :D

And you like the Burner.... :(

G10 is high spin, thats why no one on tour is playing them. Its also why old guys get more distance using them, they need the extra spin. No spin ball falls like a rock and gets no roll. Many think they are getting too much spin because they get no roll, when in many cases the opposite is the cause of the problem. The Tour Burner is very low spin, too low for about 75% of people imo. None of them hold a candle to the Lv4 anyways :idhitit:

Which Ping pros aren't playing the G10? And the Rapture is very close to it if that's what they use. :)

Almost all of them play the Rapture. Far lower spinning head than the G10. I would say as much as 500rpm lower, and at pro's swing speeds that is enormous.

Doc,

Two things. Either....

1. Put a regular flex shaft in your Cobra and you'll gain yardage

OR

2. Just get a G10, don't cut it shorter, just hit it.

The 905R can't keep up with either of the above suggestions... :D

I have thought about putting a different shaft in the Cobra, a regular flex for sure, but I don't have any idea which model shaft. Maybe a NVS or a VS Proto, as I liked both of those in other drivers. Every now and then I hit a drive with the Cobra/Speeder combo that has a just perfect trajectory, but I haven't had a chance to measure the distance on one of those rarities yet. So I think it's more my swing than it is the driver.

But no rush, as I am going to play the 905R for a couple of weeks.

So, I have to hit hybrids into greens every now and then, so what? Corey Pavin outdrives me, who cares? I still can't score, because I can't putt.

Almost all of them play the Rapture. Far lower spinning head than the G10. I would say as much as 500rpm lower, and at pro's swing speeds that is enormous.

LyleG

Okay, I hit the Rapture just as far as this G10 (but not as straight). The spin difference doesn't make any distance difference for me. I'm now confused... :)

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Okay, I hit the Rapture just as far as this G10 (but not as straight). The spin difference doesn't make any distance difference for me. I'm now confused... :)

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Could be the shafts are different. Could be different balls, trajectories, lofts, swingspeed change, could be a lot of things. Many ways to skin a cat. The fact you hit the G10 straighter is the result of the added spin. More back spin = less side spin. Its also why I hit the LV4 straighter than the tour burner. Its a bit shorter but i can live with that.

Guess I'll have to give that G10 a whirl....now Lyle's got me thinking L4v as well...thanks for the info.

I can hit 230 easily with my 3 wood, and google earth has confirmed this. It also confirmed my 250 yard monster pured shot.

May I sugesst buying one of them?

I have both a sky caddie SG2.5 and a Bushnell Pinseeker 1500. I have found that they match up very well with each other. On the times that I have been able to compare the skycaddie with igolf Neo, the Neo has been the one that is off. The "mapped from an office" GPS systems just don't seem to be as accurate as the "mapped from the course" sky caddie. That has been my experience.

And about the GPS being humbling......it is very at times. I average in the high 250s and hit many 260/270. However, I have also seen that when I have hit some bombs, hitting that "mark" button and seeing several 280ishs and a few 290ishs as well as a one time 312, it made my heart glad.

I cannot speak with authority about the launch monitor data for a G10, but I tried one in 7.5 loft with a shaft from a tour player (X-stiff). I had been using an 8.5 Titliest 907 D2, also with an X shaft. The G10, even at 7.5, hit moon balls -- just too much backspin for me. I went back to the 8.5 Titliest just because with my swing, the flight was better overall. The G10 was longer downwind, but not overall, and certainly not into the wind.

Just my personal experience, nothing more.

Well, say what you will about 230 yard drives. I HAVE driven two par 4's this year with my G10. Yes, they were short ones, about 280-285 but that fact remains, GPS or not. :)

I bet you will be in for a surprise when you measure those holes with the GPS. And I mean no offence by this, but 285 is farther than half the tour guys average.

So you're saying those holes are 50 yards off? :biglol:

I hope to play the one course tonight and will measure it on the GPS... :)

And I certainly don't average that.... but every once in awhile... :)

So you're saying those holes are 50 yards off?

If they are doglegs, then yes.

Even I can drive the occasional 280 yard par 4....if it's a dogleg and I can hit it high enough to get over the trees.

Not doglegs, straight as an arrow... like my drives... :D

I'm not saying Lyle is wrong about them being shorter but 50 yards off? If that is a fact I sure made a good investment in a GPS... :)

And I also might take up knitting sweaters... :(

Checked theGolfChannel website what's in the bag (usually more up to date) and found Lyle was right about the PGA pros playing the Rapture... except Lee Westwood plays the G10. Most of the LPGA plays the G10 except Lorena plays the Rapture. So the G10 is obviously a better choice for hackers since we hit the ball more like the pro women then the pro men... :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520