• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Greatest equipment failure story yet...for me, anyways.

This guy sounds like the new Poster Boy for Callaway! So he's two for two in as many weeks?!!

7 days. Inside 7 days, to be exact.

It's pretty much a Hollywood script. Can't write this stuff. :D

R35

If you had gone I-Mix you could have just found a new head to screw that shaft onto!!! :shark: Only joking Rock I know you'd rather risk breaking the shaft as well, heating it up to pull it out of the broken head! :faintthud

I have an FT-I tour N in a 9.5 if you'd be interested. Its currently mated with a creation 65S

Pics...

Prov1x with carbon composite peice embedded
ai183.photobucket.com_albums_x26_rockford35_FTi_Smash001.jpg

Toe on shot of carbon crushed into head
ai183.photobucket.com_albums_x26_rockford35_FTi_Smash002.jpg

Second angle of carbon compromise
ai183.photobucket.com_albums_x26_rockford35_FTi_Smash003.jpg

I hit a ball with the club afterwards and was shocked to find that the integrity of the head rendered it useless with this occurence. I figured you'd at least have some pop. Notta. Couldn't hit it 150 yards.

R35

I have an FT-I tour N in a 9.5 if you'd be interested. Its currently mated with a creation 65S

I don't need the Creation, just the head.

I might be contact tho. Late in the season, no huge rush for me.

R35

Dayum, makes you want to think twice next time some body says, "hey, let me hit that".

I can't see how you'd manage to miss the face completely and hit a ball with the toe end of a driver like that?

Maybe his grip is a little TOO loose? :D

Club spins in his hand and the toe is aimed at the ball? Good grief. :faintthud

I can't see how you'd manage to miss the face completely and hit a ball with the toe end of a driver like that?

Could have had something to do with:

A mightly swing is followed by "Where the F did that go?"

:laugh:

I just can't see how it was even hit like that..

For that reason, I'm very careful of those who I allow to 'test drive' a club. Especially a driver. I let a guy who was interested in buying a Tour Burner from me once, try it out. He skied the first one, and left a nasty looking pop-up... He bought it on the spot.

Rock, Callaway will replace that club I absolutely imagine.

You can look my post up from last summer where my friend did almost exactly the same thing to my FTI. He hit the bottom of the club back past the face. CRACK!

Give them a call for sure.

I had bought the FTI off ebay and it had an aftermarket shaft in it. I emailed Callaway, they asked for the numbers on the clubhead, and sent me an RMA. A week later I had a new in the plastic FTI.

Amazing customer service.

Almost silly, stupid customer service. But it works in our favor, for sure!

Callaway's customer service has never made me want to buy a Callaway club over anything else. But it sure does cost them mounds of money.

Hmm, I might. I might keep it for nostalgia and conversation.

I do have this minty FT-9 Tour sitting here that just arrived.... :beach3:

Big things in the signature soon. Keep an eye open for utter randomness. :laugh:

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423