• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grip removal tool

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody have suggestions on a grip removal tool? I have an air compressor but think it maybe hard to remove grips put on with tape using just an air compressor.

So, recommendations?

A can of starting fluid and a lighter. Use the straw and spray the starting fluid in the hole in the end of the grip. Light it and BOOM, grip is off.

Here's what I use sometimes.

Mix 1.5 oz of Gorilla Glue with 16 oz jet fuel. Using 2 tbls of the mixture, lub the grip. Drink remainder of the mixture. Push lubed grip end of club approximately 6 in. into rectum. Bend over. Touch toes. Fart. First fart will cause clubhead and shaft to discharge at a velocity between 460 and 520 fps. Grip is now glued securely to interior of colon. Call 911. Warn paramedics before next occurance of flatulance.

Honestly, I have not transitioned into the "modern world" of using air for grip removal and installation. I still use a hook blade in a utility knife. The hook blade works well and does not scratch/scar the shaft.

Are you wanting to keep the grips? If not as mentioned a box cutter, otherwise an air compressor will pop em right off but you need to regulate the airflow so you aren't at max. I have had a couple of grips that sides blew out while removing them because of too much air pressure.

Whoah....This is a tight ass banker that buys properties and spins off the parts because they are worth more than the average total.

Are you wanting to keep the grips? If not as mentioned a box cutter, otherwise an air compressor will pop em right off but you need to regulate the airflow so you aren't at max. I have had a couple of grips that sides blew out while removing them because of too much air pressure.
Yeah, looking to save the grips. I think I will be ok with the air compressor, just need some practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520