• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Grips

Brandon, aren't you in GA?

On a side note, I just put a white iomic grip on my putter. Holy crap, after one round that thing gets DIRTY! Cleans easy as can be, but damn does it get nasty after a few holes. Who knew I had so much filth on my hands and glove. :)

On a side note, I just put a white iomic grip on my putter. Holy crap, after one round that thing gets DIRTY! Cleans easy as can be, but damn does it get nasty after a few holes. Who knew I had so much filth on my hands and glove. :)

its probably your bag, yo.

Nah.. I have white grips on my irons and they don't get dirty. I think it's the way the Iomic grip is. It's a pretty tacky grip, and even attracted loose fibers from my warm up jacket. It all wipes off easily, but putting my putter on the ground while I chip, and picking it up with dirt on my hands from rubbing it off my ball.

Yup, LaGrange. I'm also a bit of an excavator, so my clubs can get pretty nasty in a round.

I got it off without a hitch..

Use some solvent, and some ol' drug needles. :)

Never done it before, but I'll be damned if that extra 10 minutes was worth saving an expensive grip that was brand new.
Saweet...you want my adress...;)

Lamkin Torsion Control Tour - Expensive but the best grip out there.

alright.

grips showed up today! Hireko gets an A in my book for this one.

great price. quick shipping. they'll hear from me again.

on another note. the grips seem great. nice and tacky, the grip walls seem plenty thick...once these irons show up either tomorrow or thursday, I'll be able to go take everything to get gripped.

sucks that its 13* and snowing out.

Damn Brandon.. I work in Newnan, RIGHT off I85.

We should play somewhere soon when it warms up and gets green.

Maybe Orchard Hills? Less than 25 miles for you from Lagrange.

alright.

grips showed up today! Hireko gets an A in my book for this one.

great price. quick shipping. they'll hear from me again.

on another note. the grips seem great. nice and tacky, the grip walls seem plenty thick...once these irons show up either tomorrow or thursday, I'll be able to go take everything to get gripped.

sucks that its 13* and snowing out.

I've always had very good service from Hireko. I'll be interested to see those grips.

Hmmm... the weather does suck right now but it's supposed to be in the 50's again next week. :D

One of the keys to a good release of the club through impact is a tension free grip. If it were practical to use pine tar I would use it. Lamkin crossline full cord grips give me the greatest confidence while swinging with a light grip pressure. IMO Tour Velvet grips are poor and the Velvet cords aren't much better. Lamkin Full Cords beat them hands down. You will go through gloves quicker but I get great gloves from Master Grip (MG) at about 6 bucks a glove. The way I justify the cost is by considering the fact that I have almost 2000 dollars in my clubs. Why take a chance of not getting all the performance out of them by skimping on grips. I play Lamkin full cords because my clubs are worth it!

Damn Brandon.. I work in Newnan, RIGHT off I85.

We should play somewhere soon when it warms up and gets green.

Maybe Orchard Hills? Less than 25 miles for you from Lagrange.

I'm game, assuming I can shake this f'in slice that has showed up out of nowhere. I thought I had it gone, but it came back when I went and played Tuesday :mad: I'll square it away and we'll play once the days get longer (and warmer).

One of the keys to a good release of the club through impact is a tension free grip. If it were practical to use pine tar I would use it. Lamkin crossline full cord grips give me the greatest confidence while swinging with a light grip pressure. IMO Tour Velvet grips are poor and the Velvet cords aren't much better. Lamkin Full Cords beat them hands down. You will go through gloves quicker but I get great gloves from Master Grip (MG) at about 6 bucks a glove. The way I justify the cost is by considering the fact that I have almost 2000 dollars in my clubs. Why take a chance of not getting all the performance out of them by skimping on grips. I play Lamkin full cords because my clubs are worth it!
I use the GP Tour wrap midsize cord and they are fantastic. Have never used the Tour Velvet model and have always wondered and thought that the wrap style may really enhance the grip. After reading your post, and other experiences I have had, I can't help but think they do. I have been using these for several years and was sold after just a few rounds and may likely never use anything else assuming these are always available. I have even received clubs with the multicompound grips, and granted they were in a standard grip, they just didn't seem to have the same "100 grade sand paper, make your hands bleed traction".

BTW, Footjoy Wet Weather Gloves also hold up extremely well to the cord grips. I buy them and when it is not raining only wear the left. Prior to that I was going through a glove after just a few rounds. I usually keep three of these left ones, and one right one in my bag and they will last me a couple hundred rounds it seems. I have been using the grips for probably 4 years, and while I have 6-7 of the gloves, and rotate them to preserve the life as I will play 4-6 days a week in the warmer months, I only recall ever actually wearing one of them out to the point where I discarded the glove. Although toward the begining of this year I will likely replace the older ones as they had a good life.

Not to dig up an old thread but how are the Karma's working out for you? I am considering ordering some and just wanted to hear some thoughts!

love them, Jim.

Have had the same ones on my irons since this thread, and they are still nice and tacky...no real wear to speak of. and i've played in 30 degrees....and i've played in 110 degrees and high humidity. clubs spent a couple days in the trunk in high heat, but didn't get scorched at all. tough to beat for .89 a pop.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520