• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Guilty again. :(

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Reaction score
So, little story, eh. I'm at Golf Galaxy on Friday with a buddy of mine, who's trying our drivers on the simulator (with a 13 degree driver, he gets like 100mph ball speed and 150 yards of carry...which I am going to rib him to no end with when we get on the course and he waves as I fly on by...) and I see a TaylorMade Burner on the used club rack for $200. Well, I give it a whack...

175mph ball speed at 11 degrees. :laugh: Needless to say that's a really long ball. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Only problem? I don't have any money on me, and my bank account's empty. So I figure, what the hell, I'll come back tomorrow with the money.

Saturday. I drive the 25 miles to the Eastgate Golf Galaxy again, and find that I'm !&$%in one dollar short, even after haggling the guy down to $170.

Today. Drove up there again. Finally got my shit in order and walked away with a club that makes the ball go a really long way.

I never knew being a club ho was such a pain in the ass. :real angry:

I picked up my Burner at Nevada Bob's for somewhere around $150. I have found that Golf Galaxy tends to be kinda high on a lot of their used clubs.

Burners were $150 used in Canada at the boxing day sale at Golf Town. Great club though, I just wish i bought a TP when i did last year.

Burners were $150 used in Canada at the boxing day sale at Golf Town. Great club though, I just wish i bought a TP when i did last year.

Was thinking about the TP - had about a 8 degree launch angle, though. Maybe I wasn't man enough for the X-stiff. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520

3. 15,301