• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello and sorry for my previous intro rude and uncalled for!

teebreaker

Reaction score
I did take into advice what I was told recently and I purchased a taylormade tp 460 superquad and unfortunately it hasn't totally cured my problem...I tend to hook not slice and have tried many drivers that unfortunately are produced for slicers..for the masses and am completely frustrated with my game and the Hook.... other than lessons and if anyone owns this driver how should I setup the weights..went to simulator today without satisfactory results. Best ball speed 156 w/ 112 mph swing speed and tempo was good along with ball speed of 157mph.. but this was a one out of five exception! HELP SOMEONE!

Joe

Depends. If it's a hook that starts well right of target and just super-draws, go up at least a flex in shaft. If it's a pull left that hooks left, the only thing that will help is a swing fix. Weights go more weight in heel for draw bias, more weight in toe for fade bias. Honestly though, a $50 lesson will do a heck of a lot more and you'll figure out the "why?".

Thank you and I hope all is well with you and yours...I can't make my swing go from a hook to a draw .... My swing is a draw mostly with the occasional hook it sucks to have this swing and cant figure out why the hook?

You hook because you flip. Stop turning your wrists over so hard at impact.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. I was listening to a teaching pro recently say that for weekend golfers a draw is the ideal shot & it's relatively easy to turn a hook into a draw. You're closer to good shot making than you think. The teaching pro mused that 90% of weekend golfers slice & it's hard to turn a weekend golfer's slice into a draw.

The teaching pro basically said that for the weekend golfer, shotmaking with a draw & a good short game will produce very good rounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520