• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help a Hacker

Timberland

Reaction score
Hey all, I need some help. I played 18 this weekend and it was horrible! For some reason I toed a majority of my shots and could not fix it! I adjusted my stance and my grip, slowed my swing down then sped it up, and even tried throwing my clubs far far away from me. Nothing worked. Anybody ever experience something like this? Is it just a mind thing?

I'm a true hacker. I just play for the love of the game. And any advice to help me fall back in love with her would be appreciated.

Sometimes only a trip to a good pro can help. When I get in a funk that's what I do and he usually has me back on track in about five minutes. Mostly I'm moving my head to much. :)

try screaming WTF and throw a club or two.....works for me!:laugh:

...................its hard to do,...but I try to forget about the bad shots,...after I realize I'm not at work, I'm out playing golf, in the sunshine, with my buddies...I start playing better.

also,...I stop thinking.....just swing...sometimes that works

or sometimes I need to focus better..............its a crazy, crazy game we play.

Perquoset every other hole.... ;)

Listen to Da Gris and wbl...lessons, and relaxation. Best 2 things for your game!

First thing to look at is maintaining your spine angle through out the swing.
From lower back up through head.

Hope this helps

Lots and lots of "Swing Lube", more commonly known as beer. In no time at all you'll either be too drunk to care, or to drunk to worry about it and will just swing away. :laugh:

You're thinking to much, I do the same thing. my instructor has given me a pre-shot routine to follow. I walk up behind the ball, visualize my shot, take a practice swing, walk up to the ball, line up the club face and take my swing. No time to think about everything I could possibly do wrong or anything else. As long as I stick to it, most of my shots come off pretty much like I visualized. When I deviate from it I screw up, go figure?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520