• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hitting Blades.

Blades are not easier to shape that cavities, thats a myth. On centre strikes, there is no difference at all. Its simply a case of how bad your misses are, if you have room in your game for them to be worse, hit blades.

Blades are not easier to shape that cavities, thats a myth. On centre strikes, there is no difference at all. Its simply a case of how bad your misses are, if you have room in your game for them to be worse, hit blades.
You should change your signature, because that was brilliant.

I say don't be afraid of the players clubs. I went from G5 Pings to S59's. Supposed to be much more difficult to hit blah blah.... I've never hit irons this good in my life (which is not saying I hit them THAT great but a whole lot better). If you could demo a set of blades you might be pleased... :)

I hated the huge offset, thick top line and fat sole of the CB G-5's....

I say don't be afraid of the players clubs. I went from G5 Pings to S59's. Supposed to be much more difficult to hit blah blah.... I've never hit irons this good in my life (which is not saying I hit them THAT great but a whole lot better). If you could demo a set of blades you might be pleased... :)

Just be careful there Wisconsin Wendy, the S59s are not quite blades and pure blades require a very, very sound swing, time and time and time again. I use a set just for practice and the odd social round as it helps me recognise things about my swing but using them in a competition --- errrrr no thanks, I'm not good enough.

Anyone who is tempted would surely be better of with a bit of help from 3-7 and have the 8-PW bladed only, the best of both world's for a decent but not spectular ball striker.

Just be careful there Wisconsin Wendy, the S59s are not quite blades and pure blades require a very, very sound swing, time and time and time again. I use a set just for practice and the odd social round as it helps me recognise things about my swing but using them in a competition --- errrrr no thanks, I'm not good enough.

Anyone who is tempted would surely be better of with a bit of help from 3-7 and have the 8-PW bladed only, the best of both world's for a decent but not spectular ball striker.

Stanters

This is true. But they aren't "shovels" either. :)

ok:) Signatures are like a lady of the night, good one minute, cack the next
Bollocks to that, get my quote back up. I'm going to a job interview tonight and now what am I going to quote as my life time achievement?

I switched from players Cavity's (had lots, Nike PC, MP30's, Cobra SS Forged, KZG forged, etc etc) to MP32's. I got to say I find the MP32's much better to use. I prefer the heavier feel and to be honest the strike doesn't have to be perfect with these but when it is it feels great. As for distance I hit my 4 iron 200 these days which is more than I did with Cavities. I'd recommend the MP32's before the Nike Pro Combo's I've had both and the Mizzy's feel much better and are as easy to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520