• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

how about the history of golf do you know?

edwan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
how about the history of golf do you know?

okaywtfreaction.gif

You guys need to be careful. This young man probably works days in the factories where most of the clubs we play are made. Almost all the forgings and casting used in today's clubs are manufactured overseas. Most of the graphits shafts we play are made overseas. Wanna know why that new Callaway Xu de Beast driver only hooks? Wanna know why the new TMAG R8,934 does nothing but slice? It's all because you guys insulted DeWayne (Asian spelling edwan) and he is retaliating. Don't say I never warned you!!!!

You guys need to be careful. This young man probably works days in the factories where most of the clubs we play are made. Almost all the forgings and casting used in today's clubs are manufactured overseas. Most of the graphits shafts we play are made overseas. Wanna know why that new Callaway Xu de Beast driver only hooks? Wanna know why the new TMAG R8,934 does nothing but slice? It's all because you guys insulted DeWayne (Asian spelling edwan) and he is retaliating. Don't say I never warned you!!!!
This is why I only buy used clubs. My satire could effect quality control. ;)

Having spent 16 months living in Shanghai, I can tell you that golf in China is growing, but the huge problem is they seem to only aim it at the very upper class. A typical factory worker would almost never, ever think of owning a set of golf clubs. And there is no such thing as a used club market. The closest course to where I lived was about 45 minutes away by car, and was very upscale, attached to a five star hotel with a five star restaurant. It is where Woods first played in China. But most of the people attending were either ex-pats from overseas, or very rich Chinese.

The Game being an import from outside the culture, its not suprising to see persons with a more global capacity bring the sport home first.

That also explains some of the irrationally exuberant pricing I see on ebay.

Well, Tricky, the truth of China is probably 98% of the population just cannot afford golf. Even if the courses were there, which to date, they are still rare and the realm of the rich and foreigners.

I used to run a Goodyear store and one of my customers managed properties for rich Japanese men. It was cheaper for them to own a house in Scottsdale, fly in a couple of times a month and play golf than belong to a country club in Japan.

Considering that Japan has to import almost everything, including a lot of its food, you wonder how they make so much room for so many golf courses. And it's still too expensive to play so they travel to play...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,420

eclark53520