• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many cigar smokers are out there?

CigarSwag

Reaction score
Hello,

I just joined up. Curious to see how many cigar smokers are out there. :)

There are probably a few. But, there will be one less if you're intentions are to spam cigar sales on the site.

This is your first and last warning. :diespam:

R35

I smoked cigars on the course up until last year when it resulted in developing digital Vasculitis in my hands. Lost circulation in my hands, had to get an Angiogram, take massive doses of Steroids, and even after a years still suffer symptoms similar to frostbite when it is cold. Had I continued I likely would have had to give up golf and possibly lost my hands. Amputation is common for those that ignore the symptoms and continue to smoke. Always thought it was enjoyable until I realized I would have to give up alot of the other things I loved, like golf and using my hands should I wish to continue.

In no way preaching because I basically abuse my body and would be the last to tell someone how to live their lives, but it really makes you think when you realize the price you may pay. I am only thankful I am not hooked up to oxygen or dead, and many have suffered.

Now if I can just tone down on the drinking before I wait for signs from my liver that it is time. Mans gotta have at least a vice or two. :)

I smoke a couple on the course. Found some buck-a-sticks on cigar international, called Brocatus. Also just got a 20 stick Vegas sampler pack I'm waiting to open. And by no means am I a pro at the stogie thing.

I quit 7 years ago..Haven't you heard its bad for your health.

I used to be, and still would on a golf trip. Miss them sometimes...

I smoke an average of one a week, either on a long car trip, or on the golf course.

I'm curious, Jayhawk - did you inhale?

I'm curious, Jayhawk - did you inhale?
Yes, the doctor said the symptoms I had were similar to someone who smoked 4-5 packs of cigarettes a day, and no way would about 5 cigars a day cause the issue. While it surprised the Doctor it did not surprise me that it cleared up considerably when I stopped. I smoked really mild Cigars on the course. Middleton Cherry. I used to smoke about 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day and quit just over 20 years ago, and haven't had one since. Then when I started golf, like the idiot I am I started smoking those, and as they were milder than the cigarettes I used to smoke, I did inhale them.

The doctor was dumbfounded I could just quit on the spot, no questions, and did the same with cigarettes 20 years ago. I simply said that while I enjoy cigars, the issues with my hands I enjoyed less. It was just an idiot move on my part to ever start that after having quit cigarettes about 15 years prior. I quit those because we were in college, and I woke up one day and decided $1.35 a pack was too expensive. Sad part is, with the price of cigarettes, a pack of 5 cigars is only about $1.20 a pack now, and last longer than a pack of cigarettes.

Yes, the doctor said the symptoms I had were similar to someone who smoked 4-5 packs of cigarettes a day, and no way would about 5 cigars a day cause the issue. While it surprised the Doctor it did not surprise me that it cleared up considerably when I stopped. I smoked really mild Cigars on the course. Middleton Cherry. I used to smoke about 2 packs of Marlboro Reds a day and quit just over 20 years ago, and haven't had one since. Then when I started golf, like the idiot I am I started smoking those, and as they were milder than the cigarettes I used to smoke, I did inhale them.

The doctor was dumbfounded I could just quit on the spot, no questions, and did the same with cigarettes 20 years ago. I simply said that while I enjoy cigars, the issues with my hands I enjoyed less. It was just an idiot move on my part to ever start that after having quit cigarettes about 15 years prior. I quit those because we were in college, and I woke up one day and decided $1.35 a pack was too expensive. Sad part is, with the price of cigarettes, a pack of 5 cigars is only about $1.20 a pack now, and last longer than a pack of cigarettes.

What's a pack run now? They're pushing $10 a pack here in Canada. Sometimes more.

R35

What's a pack run now? They're pushing $10 a pack here in Canada. Sometimes more.

R35
I think they're just over $4 up here if you buy by the carton. My wife still smokes. Although being as how we have been down in NC alot recently, they are cheaper, around $30 a carton. She would stock up. I think around NYC they run around $5-6, as alot of the people come over to PA to buy them.

I remember when we went to Niagara Falls 1 1/2 years ago when I still smoked the cigars, my $1.20 pack ran between $8-9.

I think they're just over $4 up here if you buy by the carton. My wife still smokes. Although being as how we have been down in NC alot recently, they are cheaper, around $30 a carton. She would stock up. I think around NYC they run around $5-6, as alot of the people come over to PA to buy them.

I remember when we went to Niagara Falls 1 1/2 years ago when I still smoked the cigars, my $1.20 pack ran between $8-9.

Ya, that's what i would have expected.

Not pointing fingers, but I've always wondered why people would pay money to increase their health risks. It really never made sense to me. To each their own, obviously, except up here in Canada, "free" healthcare takes a huge hit by those that don't respect the warnings. It sucks to have to pay taxes to support people that don't care.:killersmiley:

R35

The last time I smoked a cigar, I had two, inhaling all the way. I got sick as a dog. That was it for me.

They are addicted Rock.

I suspect that only a few don't care but that most would quit today if they could.

I quit about 25 years ago but I was just a casual 'bar' smoker anyway so I never got addicted.

I do enjoy a good cigar though. I have a humidor that is nearly full after the birthday/ Christmas haul and they will likely last me until July as I may smoke only one every week or two.

I can't imagine:

- Ever smoking cigarettes again. Blecchhh!

- Inhaling a cigar.

I do enjoy a good cigar though. I have a humidor that is nearly full after the birthday/ Christmas haul and they will likely last me until July as I may smoke only one every week or two.

This is how I was when I had mine. 1 desktop humidor (about a 100 count depending on size) and would only smoke one a week.

But that one a week was always nice!!

I can't imagine:

- Inhaling a cigar.
Do it just once...you may never smoke cigars again!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520