• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How many stats do you keep of your round?

DVS

Reaction score
Other than the obvious score for each hole, do you guys keep track of any other stats for your round? Some say its a good way to see where you are throwing away shots and where you need improving (and where you are actually doing fine).

I know some people get REALLY carried away, as they keep track of what club they used on what hole, how far it went etc.! A bit overkill for me though.

Recently I started keeping track of Fairways hit, GIR and Putts. (May start monitoring penalty strokes too). Its usually a simple: "Y, Y, 2" on the scorecard under where I write my score.

Is this too much? Too little?

-DVS

I've been doing the same as you lately and I record it on golflinks.com. It gives you you're average birdies, pars and bogeys per round as well as putts among other things; pretty neat.

Joey

Just putts, which obviously gives you your GIR as well. Should start tracking fairways hit as well.

I record score, FW, GIR , putts , and first putt length. It gives me a key to seeing if it was a legitamate two putt from 30' or i missed a 5 footer. I can also look at the hole distance and see how my ballstriking was.

I keep track of fairways hit, greens hit, putts, and lost balls. I haven't had to take an unplayable in a long time (I play it usually no matter how crappy the lie is).

The last 3 rds I have been keeping track of putts, length of drives, which club on certain shots & how far I hit them, etc. Sure can't hurt to keep track of a few things.

I always keep track of fairways, GIR, and putts. Every once in a while I'll keep track of what club I hit into the green just so I can look back and determine what clubs are costing me strokes. I rarely do this though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520