• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hozel depth question

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke a shaft in a Nickent Genex 3DX ironwood hybrid 22°. The shaft broke just abofe the ferrel. I cut the shaft even with the top of the hozel and then drilled out the shaft. I expected the heat build up to eventually lossen the epoxy and then allow the shaft to come out, but this didn't happen. I thought I drilled the complete shaft out down to the plug, but it seems pretty shallow. I measure it at .531". Any advice?

Just keep drilling it out through the plug. It will come out in time, I assure you.

R35

If memory serves me correct, it's an inch deep...keep applying heat and drill heat and drill, you will know when you hit bottom when you hear/feel metal touching metal

Just keep drilling it out through the plug. It will come out in time, I assure you.

R35

That's what I did. Got it all out and the new shaft is already in.

Excellent!!!!

What shaft?

That's what I did. Got it all out and the new shaft is already in.

Good stuff. Sometimes, those plugs can be a beatch when you're drilling them out. They just won't grip on the bit to dig.

Glad you're back in business.

R35

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35