• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid Dump Time?

ezra76

Reaction score
I have been hitting my 23* hybrid like crap lately. It's not the striking, it's the swing changes, I'm hooking it all over the place. It is a Sonartec with an Irod R flex. I am debating either going to an S flex hybrid or picking up a 3 and 4 iron. Unfortunately I would like the 3 and 4 of my set which will be near impossible to find or cost and arm and a leg to get. I am hitting my 5iron unbelievably well and have been for a good month. What do you guys who play the complete set of irons think? Should I stick with a hybrid or go for the irons? I definitely prefer an iron off a 200-220yd. par 3.

I've been having good days and bad days with my hybrid. Sometimes I'll go out to the driving range and hit about 50 balls to re-connect with my Halo. It is a different animal.:usflag:

The purpose of the hybrid is to replace the hard to hit long irons right? If they are also hard to hit, wouldn't it be the same just to hit the irons? Or have I got this all wrong. No criticism meant to anyone using a hybrid I just don't yet understand the concept. And I'm starting to hit my long irons pretty decent after getting my new irons that are actually fitted to me.

I have a 22 degree Nike cpr. I hit it great off the fairway and the ruff but damn if I can hit it off a Tee. For some reason It just goes low and hooks. I hit it straight and long the rest of the time.

I hook my 19*, 21* and 24* Hogans sometimes. Other times they hit beautiful high, straight shots. Rarely do they fade. They all have the Hogan Apex 4 shafts in graphite.

I think my inconsistent swing is at fault. I'll let you know what the clubfitter says after my session next weekend.

I hit my 3i Halo hybrid a lot easier and further than my 3 iron!

:smilie_cl

I dropped mine recently,a Halo 3i.

I got fed up with the inconsistenct,it spins so much and sometimes just flies off to the right,really not a club for me.Far better to have my trusty old 3 iron fizzing on there

How much different should the 3 and 4irons be than the 5iron? I hit the 5iron great, just as consistant as any other iron. I'd pull the 5 before the hybrid any time now. I set up dead fade twice the other day and still pull hooked the crap out the hybrid. I so wish I had the 3 and 4 to try them. Anyone have any suggestions for a comparable 3 and 4 to the Miuras for a cheaper price and easier to find?

Ok, I hit it today on a par 5 dead straight and put it just and I mean just barely over the creek. Maybe I'll give it some more time. I am just amazed at how well I'm hitting the 5iron though, keeps making me wonder if I could do the same with a 3 and 4.

My buddy was playing with Nike CPR, which persuaded me to get one, 18* CPR Wood, ( not the iron wood ). Anyway, I love the club so much, that I recently picked up a 22* on Ebay brand new for $59.

Anyway, my buddy switched to Sonartec's. He hits them great off the tee, can't hit them for sh*t in the fairway.....kind of defeats the purpose. So he's back to the Nikes.

Sonartec's are great hybrids but are probably one of the hardest to hit hybrids on the market. I'd say pull the shaft and put a stiff in it.

I'm loving my Nickent 14' and my Nike CPR iron/wood 21'. Money clubs esp now with the V2 hybrid shafts in them

dave. said:
I dropped mine recently,a Halo 3i.

I got fed up with the inconsistenct,it spins so much and sometimes just flies off to the right,really not a club for me.Far better to have my trusty old 3 iron fizzing on there

Send that bad boy my way I'll see if I can't teach it to behave.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520