• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hybrid/Utility Clubs

KevinTPA

Reaction score
A vendor took me out for a golf outing today and for the first time I used a hybrid/utility club. For anyone that does not have one, I highly recommend one. I used it off of the tee, out of the rough, played a low shot out of the woods under the trees, chipped with it, you name it.

It was a Adams club, 20*. Another person playing with us had a TaylorMade Rescue 16*. Both clubs were great, but I liked the TM better.

Now I need to find one on E-bay for a steal... Dunno why it took so long for me to try one, but I'm hooked now.

Are all the fairway clubs considered Hybreds today?.. They are on Ebay and
the Golf magizine...

I have a TM rescue in 19 degrees i love it great club all round use it at lest 10 times a round!

mont86 said:
Are all the fairway clubs considered Hybreds today?.. They are on Ebay and
the Golf magizine...

No, they are still two different clubs. The hybrids are a mix of iron and wood characteristics and used to replace the more difficult to hit long irons.

Some people do end up replacing fairway woods with them but they are different.

Complete set

I have a complete set of hybrids 3-9, but I still kept my cavity back 9 in the bag. Inside of 50-60 yards I have much better control with the CB 9. That being said if I have to hit it any further than that I use the hybrids.

What happened to the days of long irons?! Far more satisfying! :)

Satisfying?

I am inclined to believe the most important thing in golf is to play by the rules and post the lowest score. If better EQ helps me do that, I should walk away feeling marginilized? If hybrids take 5 strokes off my game and I play them, you are saying I should not be satisfied because I did it with a club that is legal and works for me?
So we all need to find 35 year old blades and play with those, sure thats what I will do.

KevinTPA said:
A vendor took me out for a golf outing today and for the first time I used a hybrid/utility club. For anyone that does not have one, I highly recommend one. I used it off of the tee, out of the rough, played a low shot out of the woods under the trees, chipped with it, you name it.

It was a Adams club, 20*. Another person playing with us had a TaylorMade Rescue 16*. Both clubs were great, but I liked the TM better.

Now I need to find one on E-bay for a steal... Dunno why it took so long for me to try one, but I'm hooked now.

Kevin:

The Hogan's with the steel shafts are worth a look...$99 each at major retailers...

A note on the hogan's is that the shaft is about 1" longer than the TM or clevelands... just an FYI

I use a Rescue 24 Steel shafted hybrid. It's a great club and is very forgiving. I give it a 10/10 for its durability. I really hope you like this club, it has done wonders for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520